Android has a reputation for not being big on privacy. We’re all aware that Google makes most of its money from advertising, so it’s in the tech giant’s interest to know everything about you so it can push the ads you’re more likely to click. But the reality is that Android – especially the latest version, Android 11 – is packed with features to help you protect your personal information. However, some of them are enabled by default. This article is about how to Increase Privacy on Android Phone.
On the surface, Android and privacy might not seem like the most natural bedfellows. After all, Google is known for its advertising business – which is where the company makes the lion’s share of its money – and it can be difficult to reconcile the notion of data collection with the concept of carefully controlled information. Below we have mention the steps to secure your Android smartphone.
4 Ways to Keep your Android Smartphone Secure
Opt-Out of Ads Personalization
- At first, open the Android Settings menu from your phone
- Next, scroll down, find, and tap on ‘Google’
- Now you’ll find ‘Ads’ under the SERVICES section, tap it
- Finally toggle the bar beside ‘Opt out of Ads Personalization
- A pop-up notification will appear for the final confirmation, tap on OK.
How to Make Changes in Privacy Settings
- First open Settings and scroll down to tap on ‘Privacy‘
- Next, find ‘Send diagnostic data’ and ‘Receive marketing information’
- Finally, disable both by toggling off the bars next to each
How to Enable Google Play Instant
- Open the Settings menu
- Tap on ‘Google‘ and go to the next page
- Now select ‘Account services‘
- Find and tap ‘Google Play Instant‘ from this page
- Finally, toggle the bar next to ‘Upgrade web links.’
How to Turn-off Google Location History
- Firstly, open Settings and tap on Privacy
- Next, tap on ‘Google Location History‘
- From the next page, toggle the bar next to Location History, and you’re all set
We hope our article on methods to secure your Android smartphone will help you and resolve all your problems. If you also want to know what are the ways through which you can increase your Android smartphone security then follow the steps mentioned above.