This tutorial is about How to Install and use Screencastify on Chromebook. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Install and use Screencastify on Chromebook. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Install and use Screencastify on Chromebook
What is Screencastify can be summed up in a few words: a simple screen capture tool. But what it can do is far more impressive and far-reaching. Screencastify is a powerful app that enables teachers to capture important moments online, which can save time and enhance long-term learning. Since Screencastify is an extension, it is easy to install, use, and deploy on most devices.
With Screencastify, you can record videos from your device to play and share later. You can even edit the video to perfect it before using it. This means you can make a presentation on multiple websites, with highlights on the screen and your face in the corner via the webcam, to name just one way. Of course, this can be used by students as well, making it another tool in the teacher’s toolbox that students can use to expand their digital skills. A great way to incorporate more media into projects, for example.
Install Screencastify on your Chromebook
- Go to the Screencastify Chrome online store page.
- Click the “Add to Chrome” button at the top right of the screen.
- A pop-up window will appear explaining everything that Screencastify does. Click “Add Extension” to continue.
- The download will start automatically and complete in seconds. Then Screencastify is ready for use.
Using Screencastify on your Chromebook
- With the extension added to your browser, you can start using it right away.
- Whenever you want to start recording, click on the extension icon in your browser. The first time you click on the icon, you will be directed to a configuration page.
- First, choose whether or not you want Google Drive to save your videos. It’s a good idea to do this because you get 15GB of free Google Drive storage with your Google account.
- Then click “Sign in with Google” to select the Google account you want to use for Screencastify.
- Once you are logged in, you will be asked to authorize Screencastify to use your camera and microphone, as well as the drawing and annotation tools. These two items are required to use all Screencastify features. Therefore, you really have no other choice. Make sure the boxes are checked and click “Next”.
- Chrome will ask you again if you want to grant permission. Click “Allow” in the pop-up window.
- When you’re done, it will take you to a home page with three options.
Final remarks: How to Install and use Screencastify on Chromebook
I hope you understand this article, How to Install and use Screencastify on Chromebook. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.