Hi all today in this article we will show you how to install APK using ADB commands. When you think of installing an app on your Android smartphone, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? The Google Play Store, right? Downloading and installing an app from the Play Store is the simplest and easiest way to do it. However, it is definitely not the only method. First of all, you always have the option to install apps from their APK files. These files are like setup files for software that can be downloaded using a web browser like Chrome and then installed as needed. The only requirement is that you enable the “Unknown Sources” permission for your web browser. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
ADB is short for Android Debug Bridge, a versatile command line tool that allows you to communicate with a device. It was mainly for developers to debug applications, but now simple users can also use it to do many useful activities between the computer and their Android smartphones. In this article, we will show you how to install ADB on Windows computer and how to use ADB to do something interesting with Android mobile phone. USB debugging must be enabled to use ADB, you can easily Enable USB Debugging and Enable Developer Options on Android
Well, installing from Play Store is not just the only way. You can download apps to your computer, and instead of transferring this APK to your phone and installing it on the phone, you can easily install APKs using ADB commands. Do you want to install APK using ADB commands? Well then let me tell you that you have come to the right place. In this article, we will talk about ADB and APK installation process using ADB commands, at the end of this article you will be able to easily install apk files
How to install APK using ADB commands
- Connect your Android device to your computer. Make sure it is connected and recognized by the computer.
- Once done, open the folder that contains the SDK Platform Tools.
- In this folder, hold down the Shift key and then click the right mouse button. You will get an option to Open Windows Powershell here or Open CMD window here.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window or PowerShell window, type
- Once typed, press the enter key and it will display the list of connected devices
- Once you are sure your phone is recognized, exit cmd or Powershell.
- Now move the downloaded APK to the SDK Platform-tools folder.
- Once done, open Windows PowerShell or CMD and type the following command
- adb install
- Instead of the app name, replace it with the app you want to install.
We hope you enjoyed our article about installing APKs with ADB commands. This process seems cumbersome, and it kind of is, but once you have everything set up, all you have to do is run adb install (or adb install -r if you’re updating an existing app) and you’re done. So if you like our article, please share it with others.