This tutorial is about How to Install Gen-X Addon on Kodi. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Install Gen-X Addon on Kodi. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Install Gen-X Addon on Kodi
So, here we discuss installing Gen-X Addon on Kodi/FireStick, and after many requests from our users, here is a tutorial on how to install Gen-X Addon on Kodi/FireStick. In this guide, we will show how to install Gen-X Addon on Kodi 18 Leia. The method described here works on Amazon FireStick, FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube, Mac, Linux, and Windows, Android phones, and all other Kodi supported device platforms.
Gen-X is a multifunctional entertainment plugin that brings you an impressive collection of Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos, Sports, Live TV, Kids Videos, Documentaries and more. This addon is part of the Maverick repository, one of the most popular names in the Kodi world. The Gen-X Kodi addon works and streams very well. Each category has a good selection of videos and all the links I played worked. I really had no doubt that Gen-X would be part of our list of beloved Kodi addons.
While Gen-X offers a great deal for free streams, it works even better when paired with Real-Debrid. It has several special categories reserved for Real-Debrid. These categories offer higher quality videos and only work if you are logged in with your Real-Debrid Premium account.
How to Install Gen-X Addon on Kodi
Gen X is a third party plugin. And, if you’re installing a third-party plugin for the first time, chances are you still need to have Unknown Sources disabled. This option must be enabled to allow Gen X or any third party plugins. So, let’s finish with this first:
- Launch the Kodi app and when it opens, click Settings in the top left corner of the Kodi home screen.
- Click System (Kodi 18) or System Settings (Kodi 17.6).
- Click Plugins on the left menu followed by Unknown Sources on the right (only if it is OFF or disabled). You need to make sure the switch is in the ON position.
- Go ahead and click Yes without worrying because Gen X is a safe and secure plugin. I have personally tested and used it.
The following steps will cover it all. This is what you need to do now:
- Click Kodi Settings again from the home screen
- Choose File Manager
- Select and open Add source (either left or right, it doesn’t matter)
- now click on
- In the next full screen window, carefully enter the following source link/URL: http://mavericktv.net/mavrepo
- Back in this window, select the text box labeled ‘Enter a name for this media source’ and type the name of the source you want to identify it with. I’ll leave it to the default mavrepo.
- You want to go back to the Kodi home screen now by pressing the back button repeatedly. Choose Plugins on the left
- Click on the package installer icon at the top left. I mean the element that resembles an open box
- Click Install from zip file
- Open mavrepo or any other source name you previously added in step 6.
- Click repository.maverickrepo-xxzip
- Wait until you see the installation confirmation that says MaverickTV Repo Add-on installed
- Click Install from repository
- Open the MaverickTV repository
- Open video plugins
- Go ahead and click Gen-X
- Now click Install
- Click OK when prompted with this list of additional plugins
- Wait a minute or two. When the installation is complete, you will be notified by the message in the upper right area of the screen, Gen-X Plugin Installed
Final remarks: How to Install Gen-X Addon on Kodi
I hope you understand this article, How to Install Gen-X Addon on Kodi. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.