This tutorial is about How to install the WhatsApp beta UWP app on Windows 11/10. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to install the WhatsApp beta UWP app on Windows 11/10. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to install the WhatsApp beta UWP app on Windows 11/10
The current WhatsApp available on the Microsoft Store is based on WhatsApp Web, which uses the Electron Framework. Meta (formerly known as Facebook) has released a new UWP application for WhatsApp to save and it is available to download for Windows 11 and Windows 10 users.
During the pandemic, WhatsApp allows close coexistence with friends and family without the need for physical presence through video calls and chat functions. WhatsApp is used by most of the people around the world on a daily basis and the application is certainly a part of our lives. If you have used WhatsApp Web on Windows before, you may not know that it is based on Electron. Meta updates WhatsApp with the Windows 11 user interface.
Install WhatsApp Beta UWP Desktop App on Windows 10 and 11
WhatsApp’s new beta UWP app was first discovered by Aggiornamenti Lumia. Since this is a UWP app, you can use it on Windows 10 and Windows 11. According to Microsoft’s list of the app, you can run it on Windows 10 version 18362.0 or higher.
Also, the new WhatsApp beta UWP offers support for multiple devices and therefore you can use it without keeping your phone connected to the internet. With that out of the way, let’s go through the steps required to install the WhatsApp beta UWP desktop app on Windows.
Download the WhatsApp Beta application from Microsoft Store
- Visit the Microsoft Store list of WhatsApp Beta (h / t: WindowsBlogItalia for the link) and click on the blue ‘Get’ button present in the right corner of the screen.
- Windows will now automatically redirect you to the Microsoft Store. Click the “Get” button again in the Microsoft Store to download the WhatsApp Beta UWP application on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. If you don’t have the new Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC.
- Once downloaded, you will see a “Get Started” button on the WhatsApp Beta home page. Click on it to log in with your WhatsApp account.
- Now you need to scan the QR code with your smartphone after joining the multi-device beta. See the next step for how to access the “Paired Devices” screen.
- On your Android smartphone, tap on the vertical three-dot icon in your WhatsApp app and choose “Paired Devices.” On your iPhone, go to the “Settings” tab on the bottom navigation bar to access the “Paired Devices” option.
- Now join the multi-device beta if you see the option and click “Pair a device” to scan the QR code displayed in the WhatsApp beta UWP desktop app on your Windows PC. And that is. You have successfully logged into the WhatsApp UWP desktop app.
New features in the WhatsApp UWP desktop app
A new feature that WhatsApp has added to the desktop app is a handy drawing tool. By accessing from the attachment icon, you can use the feature to quickly draw or send written notes without leaving WhatsApp. Once you hit “Send”, the recipient will receive the drawing as an image file. See the feature in action below:
Another highlight of the beta desktop app for UWP is the ability to receive WhatsApp message notifications without having to keep the app open all the time. This is a convenient addition to help users stay on top of all new messages while using other apps. You can even see the number of unread messages in the notification preview.
WhatsApp has also added a startup input option, so you can choose to have the app start in the background when you log into your Windows 10 or 11 PC. To start WhatsApp together with your PC, click on the icon of Settings and activate the option “Start WhatsApp when logging in” in the general settings. You can watch the video below for a quick tour of WhatsApp’s new desktop beta interface on Windows.
Final remarks: How to install the WhatsApp beta UWP app on Windows 11/10
I hope you understand this article, How to install the WhatsApp beta UWP app on Windows 11/10. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.