Jenkins is an open-source Continuous Integration server written in Java that orchestrates a series of actions to automate the Continuous Integration process. Jenkins supports the entire software development life cycle, including building, testing, documenting, and deploying, as well as other stages of the software development life cycle. In this article we will try to teach you how to Install Jenkins on Ubuntu
Jenkins is a popular open-source automation server that is used as a CI (continuous integration) server for developing and managing large-scale software. It aids in unit testing of larger-scale programming projects and supports many popular programming languages such as Python, C++, PHP, and others. Installing Jenkins is as simple as using Ubuntu’s integrated APT package manager. However, keep in mind that some prerequisites for a VPS-based system must be met before proceeding with the installation.
How to Install Jenkins on Ubuntu
Add Jenkins Repository
- Start importing the GPG key. The GPG key checks the package integrity but there is no output. To run:
curl -fsSL https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable/jenkins.io.key | sudo tee /usr/share/keyrings/jenkins-keyring.asc > /dev/null
- Add the Jenkins software repository to the source list and provide the authentication key:
echo deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/jenkins-keyring.asc] https://pkg.jenkins.io/debian-stable binary/ | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jenkins.list > /dev/null
- Update the system repository one more time. Updating refreshes the cache and makes the system aware of the new Jenkins repository.
Install Jenkins by running:
sudo apt install jenkins -y
- To check if Jenkins is installed and running, run the following command:
sudo systemctl status jenkins
Exit the status screen by pressing Ctrl+Z.
Modify Firewall to Allow Jenkins
- Open port 8080 by running the following commands:
sudo ufw allow 8080
- If you haven’t configured the UFW firewall yet, it displays as inactive. Enable UFW by running:
We hope you like our article on How to Install and use Jenkins on Ubuntu will help your and resolve all your problems. Jenkins is an open-source automation server that automates the repetitive technical tasks associated with software integration and delivery. If you want to know how to download it on Ubuntu then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to InstallJenkins on Ubuntu.