This tutorial is about How to Lock Windows 10 PC. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Lock Windows 10 PC. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Lock Windows 10 PC
Your Windows 10 computer can be locked in a variety of ways, such as a keyboard shortcut, the Start menu, or Task Manager. If you don’t know, your PC will automatically lock if there is no activity for a long time. These are the default Windows settings. However, if you want to manually lock Windows 10 PC, you can try these methods. The easiest and most convenient way to lock a Windows 10 PC is to press the Windows + L key combination, which locks the computer immediately. If you are using a laptop, you can just close the lid, which locks the computer anyway, and when you open it again, it will ask you to log in to the user account. Pressing the power button or sleep button will also put the device to sleep.
You can click the Start button on your Windows 10 computer and then click the Admin icon. Then click the Lock option from the list to lock the computer. You can lock your Windows 10 when you need to leave your computer for a while but don’t want to turn it off or in case someone suddenly comes when you see some important data on your PC. Some people can sign out of Windows 10 to turn off the screen, but this should close your running apps. However, if you lock your PC, running apps may remain open while the screen turns off.
Windows 10 keyboard lock
The easiest way to lock your Windows 10 computer screen is to use the keyboard lock. You can press the Windows logo key and L key on the keyboard at the same time to easily lock the Windows 10 screen. If you have created a user password in Windows 10, you can enter your password to log in to Windows 10 again.
How to lock the screen in Windows 10 with Ctrl + Alt + Del
You can also use another form of keyboard shortcut to lock the screen on your Windows 10 PC. You can press Ctrl + Alt + Del on the computer keyboard simultaneously to open the options screen and choose the Lock option to lock the screen. of Windows 10.
How to lock the Windows 10 screen from the Start menu
The third way you can adopt to lock the screen of Windows 10 PC/Laptop is through the Start button. You can click the Start button on your Windows 10 computer and click the Admin icon. Then click the Lock option in the list to lock the computer.
Lock Windows 10 screen with screen saver settings
You can also change your screen saver settings to automatically lock Windows 10 after a period of inactivity in Windows 10.
- At first, you can click the Start button on the Windows 10 screen and choose Settings -> Personalization.
- Then you can click Lock Screen from the left pane, find and click Screen Saver Settings in the right window to open the Windows Screen Saver Settings dialog.
- Check When I resume, show the login screen option and set a preferred time for your Windows 10 PC to wait before starting the screen saver. Click OK to run the setup.
Lock Windows 10 with Dynamic Phone Bluetooth Lock
Windows 10 Creators Update adds a new feature called Dynamic Lock. You can pair your smartphone with your Windows 10 computer using Bluetooth and set your Windows 10 computer to lock automatically when you take your phone out of Bluetooth range. To use this Windows 10 lock screen feature, your Windows 10 computer is equipped with Bluetooth.
- You need to pair your phone with the computer first. Put your phone near your computer. Click Start -> Settings to open the Windows Settings window.
- Type Bluetooth in the search box and choose Bluetooth and other device settings to open it.
- Activate the Bluetooth option. Then click the + icon next to Add Bluetooth or other device.
- Select Bluetooth in the Add a device window. Choose your phone when it appears on the list. Then accept peer notifications on both Windows 10 PC and phone.
- Go back to the Windows Settings home page and click Accounts.
- Choose the login options on the left panel and scroll down to find Dynamic Lock. Finally, check Allow Windows to automatically lock your device when you’re away.
How to set or change a password in Windows 10
You can set a password on a Windows 10 computer with the steps below. After your computer is locked, you can enter the password to log in to the computer.
How to set a password in Windows 10
- Press Windows key + X on the keyboard and select the Computer Management window.
- Expand Local Users and Groups and click Users.
- Right click on your computer user account and click Set Password
- Click Continue to set a password in Windows 10.
How to change the password in Windows 10
- Click Start -> Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options.
- Then click Change under Password.
- Sign in with your current account password by entering the password in the box and click Sign In.
- Please enter the last 4 digits of your phone number to verify the phone number.
- Enter the code you receive on your phone.
- Enter your old password, type a new password, and press Enter to change your Microsoft account password.
Final remarks: How to Lock Windows 10 PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Lock Windows 10 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.