This tutorial is about How to Make a VirtualBox shared folder on Windows 11. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Make a VirtualBox shared folder on Windows 11. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How to Make a VirtualBox shared folder on Windows 11
After creating a virtual machine with VirtualBox, you may need to share files between the host and guest operating systems to install applications or work with documents. You can configure a virtualization solution to be able to drag files into the virtual machine, or you can share files from folders created on the host. After creating a virtual machine in VirtualBox, you may need to share files between the host and guest operating systems to install applications or work with documents.
Although you can configure the virtualization solution to allow you to drag and drop files, you can also configure a folder on the host device to share files with the virtual machine. In addition, you can also use this approach if, for example, the function to mount an ISO file or storage peripherals do not work with the virtual machine.
How to create a shared VirtualBox folder in Windows 11
Create a shared VirtualBox folder
- Open the VirtualBox app.
- Right click on the virtual machine you need in the left pane and select the Settings option.
- Select the Shared Folder option in the left pane, and in the right corner, click the folder with the plus sign.
- Click the arrow sign in the Folder Path option to confirm the location of the folder to be shared. Alternatively, you can type or paste the path here if you know it.
- In the Folder Name field, make sure the automatically generated name is consistent with the file you intend to share. You can edit the name to match the folder you want to share.
- You can select the Read Only checkbox if you don’t want your virtual machine to be able to save files to this folder, then click OK.
- Once this has been done successfully, continue to the next step.
Create your VirtualBox mapped drive
- Open the VirtualBox app.
- Start the virtual machine by selecting it in the right pane and clicking the green start arrow.
- From the top menu of your virtual machine, select Devices, then from the drop-down menu, select Shared Folders and click the Shared Folders Settings option.
- Select the Shared Folder option in the left pane and double-click to select the newly added folder from the shared folder lists.
- Check the Automount checkbox, enter the drive alphabet corresponding to the shared folder location in the mount point field, check the Make Permanent checkbox, and click OK.
- Click OK again on your virtual machine settings window.
- Your chosen folder will be mounted as a drive on your virtual system when these steps are done.
Final words: How to Make a VirtualBox shared folder on Windows 11
I hope you understand this article, How to Make a VirtualBox shared folder on Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.