This tutorial is about How to Manage Location Data Access for Widgets on iPhone/iPad. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Manage Location Data Access for Widgets on iPhone/iPad. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How to Manage Location Data Access for Widgets on iPhone/iPad
iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 protect your privacy by letting you customize location permissions for specific widgets, which wasn’t possible before. Follow along as we show you how to manually customize and manage location permissions for widgets on your iPhone or iPad. iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and macOS Big Sur offer interactive widgets that provide snippets of information every time you land on the home screen or access your Today view. Some widgets may require location access before providing relevant information. For example, the map widget can only provide reliable turn-by-turn navigation if it knows your current location.
Before iOS and iPadOS 14 came out, a widget simply inherited location permissions from its containing app. For example, if you set location access in the Always for Weather app in iOS 13, the associated widget automatically receives the same location permission. In iOS and iPadOS 14, the user can customize location permissions for a specific widget.
How to Manage Location Data Access for Widgets on iPhone/iPad
Unlike before, iOS allows you to customize location permissions for a single widget. For example, you can allow an app like Map to access your location, but you can prevent your widget from using your location data. Please note that widgets can use your location for up to 15 minutes after they appear.
- Launch the iPhone or iPad Settings app running iOS 14/iPadOS 14.
- Now scroll down and select privacy.
- Next, select location services.
- Next, select the app that offers a widget.
- In the Allow location access section, you have several options to choose from.
- Never – Select to prevent both the app and its widget from accessing your location.
- Ask next time: Force the app/widget to ask for your permission the next time it wants to access your location.
- While using the app or widget: Allow the app or widget to access your location while you use it.
- While using the app: Only allow the app and not your widget to access your location.
- Always: Allow the app/widget to access your location for 15 minutes after viewing it.
Final words: How to Manage Location Data Access for Widgets on iPhone/iPad
I hope you understand this article, How to Manage Location Data Access for Widgets on iPhone/iPad. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.