This tutorial is about How to manage Windows PC’s Fan Speed. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to manage Windows PC’s Fan Speed. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to manage Windows PC’s Fan Speed
One of the main causes of a PC starting to overheat is that the internal fans are not running at the speeds really necessary. This is often because the automatic fan controller is not working properly. Fortunately, you can manage your fan speed manually with the help of a few different methods. Manually managing your fan speed is also an important step in overclocking a CPU. Here’s how to manually adjust your CPU fan, as well as any other case fan.
How to control the fan speed
If you want to control the fan speed in Windows 10, you must do so at your own risk. Remember that if your PC or laptop overheats, it could permanently damage the hardware to the point where it needs to be replaced.
To control the fan speed, you need to download a third-party app. The application you use depends on your hardware.
We recommend two apps here, and between the two, you should be able to find an app that can detect your fans and allow you to change your speed.
Install the application and follow the instructions below to control the fan speed in Windows 10.
1. Control fan speed in Windows 10 with SpeedFan
- Install SpeedFan and run it.
- In the main application window, click on the ‘Configure’ button.
- A new window will open. Go to the Fans tab.
- Wait for the app to find and list your fans.
- Select the fan you want to control.
- Use the response curve to control the fan speed.
The fans turn on when your system heats up. The response curve maps heat to fan speed. The hotter the system runs, the faster the fans will run.
2. Control the fan speed in Windows 10 with HWiNFo
Follow these steps to control the fan speed using HWiNFo.
- Run the application and click Sensors in the main window.
- Confirm the pop-up message.
- A new window will open with a list of the various sensors in your system. At the bottom there is a fan button. Click it.
- A new window will open with a list of up to three fans. Select one of the active fans.
- Click ‘Set Manual’ to manually set the fan speed.
HWiNFO doesn’t map speed to your PC temperature, so be very careful with it. Find a way to monitor the temperature of your CPU and GPU so it doesn’t get hot.
Final remarks: How to manage Windows PC’s Fan Speed
I hope you understand this article, How to manage Windows PC’s Fan Speed. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.