This tutorial is about How to Measure Area/Distance in Google Maps. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Measure Area/Distance in Google Maps. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Measure Area/Distance in Google Maps
When you want to measure the area of your garden or the length of the lake next to your property, we generally use traditional measuring devices. However, to make your life easier, Google has recently introduced the function to measure the area or perimeter of a parcel of land with the Google Map application. You don’t need any tools to measure the distance or the area of the terrain; you only need your Android / iPhone with Google Map. This workaround can also be used with your desktop by opening Google Maps in your desktop browser.
The same function also works with the Google Earth application, and you can measure the distance between continents, countries or the length of your local road, quite amazing!
Below are the steps to measure area and distance on Google Maps
- Use the ruler to measure the distance.
- You can measure a distance in a straight line by clicking on your start point and then on your end.
- You can also measure a route by drawing a route (series of points).
- The distance will be displayed in the dialog box.
- You can change the unit of measure for a selection from the drop-down menu.
Measuring an area
- To create a new polygon, click on the polygon icon.
- To measure the area of your polygon, go to the measurements tab.
- You can choose how you want to measure the area from the drop down menu.
Final remarks: How to Measure Area/Distance in Google Maps
I hope you understand this article, How to Measure Area/Distance in Google Maps. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.