This tutorial is about How to open Finder using keyboard shortcut on Mac. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to open Finder using keyboard shortcut on Mac. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to open Finder using keyboard shortcut on Mac
Your Mac has a variety of keyboard shortcuts, some of which you can use. However, some keyboard shortcuts are still unknown to Mac users, or even known not to use them. If you find yourself searching your Mac frequently, here’s a quick shortcut to search with a keyboard shortcut in Finder. To instantly access the Finder search window with a keyboard shortcut, all you have to do is press Cmd + Alt + Spacebar at the same time, and the Finder window will open with search enabled. Find out here how to set an open Finder shortcut on a Mac and open a Finder window with your keyboard or mouse.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard Finder helps you access and organize the most essential Mac features while you work. Use Finder keyboard shortcuts to view windows, copy and move files, and start applications. These keyboard shortcuts will help you get things done more efficiently. The system works well with a mouse or trackpad, but you can also control it directly from the keyboard. The keyboard has the advantage that you can navigate the Finder and interact with devices, files, and folders without taking your fingers off the keys.
Set up a True Finder keyboard shortcut
- To set up a keyboard shortcut to open Finder on a Mac with macOS:
- open shortcuts
- You can find shortcuts using Spotlight, for example, or open them from Launchpad.
- Create a new shortcut
- Press Command N or select File | New shortcut from the menu.
- Add the Run AppleScript action to the new shortcut
- Search for Run AppleScript: You can find the action in the Scripting category.
- Enter a name for your action above Run AppleScript at the top
- Example: You can use something like Switch to Finder for example.
- Replace (*Your script goes here*) with “Finder” app to activate.
- Close the action and if you want, try the keyboard shortcut.
To create your own keyboard shortcut to open Finder on a Mac using Automator:
- Open automator.
- Using Spotlight: For example, press Command Space for Spotlight, start searching for Automator, and press Enter with Automator highlighted.
- On the new document screen in Automator, highlight Quick Action.
- No Quick Action – If quick action is not available, select Service.
- No new document screen: Press Command N.
- Click Choose.
- Select any input for the workflow receive current application and any.
- The default value: By default, Automatic (text) is selected for the input.
- Select Actions on the left.
- Find Launch Application in the Action Library.
- Drag and drop Launch Application into the workflow on the right.
- Click Contacts (or whatever app is the default option).
- Select New Variable… from the list.
- Leave Path: as the variable name.
- Click Desktop under Path:.
- Choose Other….
- Search Finder.
- Finder location: The Finder application is located at /System/Library/CoreServices.
- Highlight Finder and click Choose.
- Now click Done for the variable.
- Select file | Save… from the menu.
- Type Open Finder in Save Quick Action As:
- Click Save.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Open the Keyboard category.
- Go to the Shortcuts tab.
- Highlight Services on the left.
- Now click on the Open Finder item in General.
- Click Add Shortcut.
- Type the keyboard combination you want to use for your Finder shortcut.
- Example: Use the command option Shift F, for example.
- Press Command Option Shift F (or your choice for the Finder keyboard shortcut) to open the default folder in Finder.
- Finder already open: If the Finder already has a window open, it will be brought to the front.
How to open Finder on a Mac: Use a standard keyboard shortcut
You can also access the Finder using one of two standard shortcuts built into macOS:
- Finder is always in the list of open applications:
- Press Tab while holding down the Command key until Finder is in focus, then release it.
- You can open Finder search using the shortcut:
- Press Command Option Space to open a new search in Finder.
Final remarks: How to open Finder using keyboard shortcut on Mac
I hope you understand this article, How to open Finder using keyboard shortcut on Mac. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.