This tutorial is about How to Password Protect Zip File on Android. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Password Protect Zip File on Android. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Password Protect Zip File on Android
If you want to share large files, using a Zip format is essential. With encryption and password, the content is also protected from prying eyes. We’ll show you how to make your files more secure in a simple way. Zip files are great for exchanging large documents and images via email, as their small size means they can actually be sent and received. Also, a single attachment is much more manageable than a dozen. But what if the content of the files is sensitive and you want to prevent prying eyes from viewing the documents? Simple: add password protection.
There are versions for 32-bit and 64-bit systems, so choose the one that suits your PC. If you are not clear about the difference, you can read our 32-bit vs 64-bit guide. Download and install 7-Zip and locate the zip file you want to protect. Right click on it and you will see a menu with a new option for 7-Zip. Click on it or hover over it and you will get another list of features.
lock the files
- Download and install File Locker on your device from the Play Store to get started. The app works on all devices running Android 2.1 and above.
- After installing the app, run it. The app will look like a simple file manager and will show all the files and folders on your Android. To lock a file, find it and hold on it to open a pop-up menu.
- From the pop-up menu, select the Block option. You can even batch select files and lock them at once. After selecting the file lock option, the application will ask you for the password that it uses to encrypt your files, after providing it, it will analyze the content of your files.
Unlock the files
- Open the Locked tab to see all the files you have locked with the app. To unlock a file, simply tap the lock icon next to the file and provide the password. Check the option if you want it to automatically lock when you exit the app.
- After unlocking a file, you can view it in the unlocked tab. You can open the file in its respective viewer directly from the File Locker app itself.
Final remarks: How to Password Protect Zip File on Android
I hope you understand this article, How to Password Protect Zip File on Android. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.