This tutorial is about How to Pin the Downloads Button to MS Edge Toolbar. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Pin the Downloads Button to MS Edge Toolbar. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Pin the Downloads Button to MS Edge Toolbar
You will see the download button at the top, but it will disappear once you are done with your customization. To avoid this, click the download button and uncheck the Autocomplete box. Save these changes by clicking Done and your download button will now be permanently on your taskbar. You will then see an empty search bar “Search Config Name”. Enter “auto hide” here, which will help us narrow down the relevant settings. The first option is “browser.download.autohideButton”. If it is set to True, double-tap it to change it to False. If you don’t want the toggle to be done with boolean values, you can also change it to numbers or strings.
Click the pushpin icon labeled “Pin to taskbar.” This will pin the Edge icon to the taskbar. The icon remains even after you close the program, so you can click it to quickly reopen it in the future. If you want to access the downloads you made in the Firefox browser, you can open the settings in the upper right corner. Click on Library here and select Next downloads. This gives you access to all downloads made through Firefox.
Microsoft Edge download button
- This is an example of the Download button that appears when you download a file while Edge is open. Once the file is downloaded, the button disappears.
Always show the download button in Edge
- To get started, launch Edge and begin downloading a file. While it’s downloading, click the Options button (three dots). Then click the “Show downloads button in toolbar” option in the menu.
- That’s all about it! Now the Downloads button will always show up in the toolbar, whether you’re downloading a file or not.
- If you want to remove it, click the Downloads button. Then click the Options button (three dots) and then click “Hide downloads button on toolbar” from the list in the menu.
Make download button always show using keyboard shortcut
- It’s also worth noting this simple trick to get the Downloads button to always show.
- Launch Edge and use the keyboard shortcut Alt+F.
- That will open the Edge menu.
- Right click on the Download option.
- Then click the “Show in toolbar” option.
Make downloads button always show using settings
Since there are several ways to change the way things behave in Windows (including Edge), we’ll look at a different method. You can make the Downloads button always show from Settings.
- Launch Edge and click the Settings and more button (three dots) in the upper-right corner of the toolbar.
- Then from the menu, click Settings.
- Then, from the Settings menu, click Appearance in the sidebar on the left.
- Then, in the list on the right, in the “Customize toolbar” section, turn on the “Show downloads button” switch.
Final remarks: How to Pin the Downloads Button to MS Edge Toolbar
I hope you understand this article, How to Pin the Downloads Button to MS Edge Toolbar. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.