This blog is about the How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically
When you reach a slide with an embedded video in Google Slides, sometimes it will take you a few extra seconds to start it. Moving the cursor over the video thumbnail to press play can be frustrating and take up your precious time.
Fortunately, Google Slides has a handy option that allows videos to automatically play once you reach the slide they’re on. It just takes a few simple clicks, and this article will show you how.
Make Google Slides automatically play the video
To have a video start automatically as soon as you move to the slide, you will need to adjust some options. Follow these steps:
- Open the “Normal View” of your Google Slides project.
- Right click on the video.
- Select “Format Options” from the drop-down menu.
- Click the arrow next to “Format Options” on the right side of the screen.
- Select “Video Playback”.
- Check “Autoplay when presenting”.
There is also an alternative and faster way to turn on AutoPlay.
- Click on the video from your Google Slides project.
- Select the “Format Options” button that appears above the video. The new side menu will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Check the “Autoplay” when presenting “box.
The next time you move on to the video portion of your slide, it will start automatically.back to menu ↑
How to insert a video in Google Slides
Before you start playing your videos automatically, you must first learn how to insert them correctly. You can insert any video, from Drive, YouTube or other streaming service with just a few clicks. To do this, you need to follow these steps.
- Open Google Slides and your presentation (or create a new one).
- Navigate to the slide where you want to insert the video.
- Select the “Insert” tab at the top of the screen.
- Select “Video”.
- Choose the source from which you will download the video. You will be able to choose between three tabs: YouTube, Other URL and Google Drive. Let’s say you want a video from YouTube.
- Type or paste the URL of the video you want to appear on your slide.
- Click on the video.
- Press “Select”.
- The video should appear on your slide.
You can drag your video and change its size. It can be a smaller part of a larger slide or the entire slide.back to menu ↑
Other ways to format video
Besides autoplay, there are many other ways to format the video in the “Format options” menu. You can change the exact start and end time of the video. This can be very handy if you only need a certain fragment of a very long video.
Under “Autoplay when presenting”, there is an option “Mute video”. So if the audio isn’t needed (or isn’t appropriate), your audience can only see the image.
Under the “Drop Shadow” option, you can add depth to your video thumbnail by casting a near or far shadow on the slide background. This way the video will look like part of the slide instead of looking out of place.back to menu ↑
If that’s not practical – turn it off
There will likely be some presentations where the video preview will need to stand still until you have finished the speech.
So when you don’t need a video to start right away, it would be better to turn off autoplay. This way you will avoid any inconvenience and the need to stop it manually.
When you need your video to stay still, follow the same steps as in the first section of this article and uncheck the “Autoplay when showing” option.
How often do you use the autoplay option for your videos on Google Slides? Do you ever need to turn this feature off? Share your experience in the comments below.back to menu ↑
Benefits: How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically
- The How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically guide is free.
FAQ: How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically
What is this blog about?
How this blog helping you?
back to menu ↑
Blog Conclusion: How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically
If you have any queries regards this blog about the How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about this blog or want to update it “How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog How to Play Video on Google Slides Automatically, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.