This tutorial is about How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11
The graphics driver is a program that allows your operating system to talk to your graphics card. Keeping your graphics driver up-to-date is essential as this might not only give you the best performance at any point on your hardware, but it will also resolve numerous layout related issues eg crashing, dim or flickering screen issues. . In this tutorial exercise, we will tell you the best way to update layouts driver on your Windows 11 PC.
Do I need to update the graphics driver?
Well yes, it is recommended to keep your graphics drivers updated to the latest version regularly to ensure the best performance of your computer. Driver updates are primarily intended to fix bugs and improve features and compatibility with new and upcoming hardware. However, if you think you’re getting the best performance and there are no bugs or other issues, you don’t have to upgrade as soon as a new version is released. A new version may contain bugs and may even break existing functionality on your system. Therefore, you can search different forums for the stability of the newly released driver or wait for a few weeks to get a stable version.
Update the graphics driver using Device Manager
Updating your graphics driver in Windows 11 operating system is quite easy. You can use Device Manager to check the graphics card and then update it immediately. To do so, follow these steps and screenshots.
- Open Device Manager. You can search for it using the Search function available on the taskbar or use the keyboard shortcut Windows + R to open the Run dialog box and then type devmgmt.msc.
- In Device Manager, find the Display adapter option and expand it to reveal the name of your graphics card.
- Right-click on the required graphics card and choose Update driver option.
- In the next window, select the method by which you want to check for available updates.
- Choose the automatic option and it will download the latest drivers (if available) and install them automatically.
Update graphics driver in Windows 11 manually
Let’s say Windows couldn’t find the latest version of a graphics driver. In that case, you can download it from the manufacturer’s official website and install it manually using the second option in the screenshot above. To do so, follow these steps:
- At first, you need to find out the current version of the driver installed on your system. For that, double click on the required graphics card to open the properties window.
- Now select the Controller tab. Here you can see what version of the driver is on your PC. Write down the version number and name of the graphics adapter.
- Head over to the official download page of the respective manufacturer and download the latest version available there. (Intel | AMD | NVIDIA)
- Once the latest version is downloaded, double-click it to launch the installer. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the process finish.
- Once done, restart your PC and the driver will be updated.
Final remarks: How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11
I hope you understand this article, How to Properly Update Graphics Driver in Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.