This tutorial is about How to Recover WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Recover WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Recover WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices
If you are using WhatsApp, you may be wondering how to get back your deleted WhatsApp messages. The app offers a way to do this, but only by restoring your information from a backup. The process depends on the type of phone you are using and where the backup data was saved. This is how it works on Android. You may enjoy using WhatsApp for work because it is one of the best messaging apps out there.
On the other hand, it could be a convenient (and free!) Way to keep in touch with friends. Either way, you probably have pretty big news and media there, and it would be a shame if it all suddenly disappeared. For this reason, it is a good idea to back up your messages, photos, and videos.
How to restore WhatsApp messages on Android from Google Drive
Most people backup WhatsApp messages on Android to Google Drive. In fact, you may have already set up a regular automatic backup to Google Drive. If you already have a backup on Google Drive, restoring the backup is a very simple process. Follow these simple steps to restore WhatsApp messages on Android from Google Drive.
- Start by uninstalling WhatsApp from your Android device. Reinstall it and then launch it from the app drawer.
- Touch “Accept and continue” and enter your phone number to verify.
- Tap “Next” and then “OK.”
- Tap “Continue” and when prompted to restore WhatsApp, tap “Restore”.
- Enter your name and tap “Next”.
How to restore WhatsApp messages on Android from local backup
WhatsApp will always back up the chats and attachments to your account automatically around 2.00am. M. These backups are stored in the internal memory of the device or on the SD card. Therefore, you can also recover your lost messages on the device simply by restoring this backup. Here’s how to do it.
- To access this backup file, you will need to download a file manager.
- Use the file manager application to navigate to the folder named “sdcard / WhatsApp / Databases”. If the folder is not on the SD card or you don’t have an SD card in your device, you may see “internal storage” or “main storage” instead of “sd card.”
- Once you open the folder, find and rename the backup file you want to restore from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12” to “msgstore.db.crypt12”. Keep the crypt extension the same even if it is “crypt9” or cyrpt10 “.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your device.
- Follow the instructions to configure WhatsApp and confirm your phone number. When prompted, tap “Restore” and WhatsApp will restore the chats from this local backup.
How to restore WhatsApp messages on Android from iPhone
If you switch devices from iPhone to Android, you may find limited ways to move WhatsApp data between devices. You will not be able to restore an iCloud backup of your WhatsApp messages on the Android device because iCloud uses encryption protocols that your Android device will not be able to recognize.
Therefore, the only way to transfer WhatsApp messages on Android from iPhone is to use a third party tool to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android device. The best for the task is MobileTrans- WhatsApp Transfer and the following are some of the features that make it the most ideal solution.
- It can be helpful in transferring all kinds of data between devices, including WhatsApp contacts, photos, messages, and data.
- Supports thousands of Android devices and all iOS devices and all versions of iOS firmware
- It is also a great way to backup WhatsApp data on your device to your computer and restore data when needed.
How to restore WhatsApp messages on Android from MobileTrans- WhatsApp Transfer
One of the best features of this program is that it can create a complete backup of WhatsApp data on your computer. If you use this backup function, you can use this tool to restore backup on Android device. Here’s how to do that;
- Run MobileTrans- WhatsApp Transfer on your computer and then select “Backup & Restore”. In the options that appear, click on “WhatsApp.”
- Connect the Android device to the computer and you can see the backup on the left. Select the backup file you would like to restore and then click “Start”.
- The restoration process should begin immediately. Just keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete.
Final remarks: How to Recover WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices
I hope you understand this article, How to Recover WhatsApp Messages on Android Devices. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.