This tutorial is about How to Remove Python3 from MacOS. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Remove Python3 from MacOS. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Remove Python3 from MacOS
MacOS comes with Python pre-installed and this framework is installed in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework.
You can find various symbolic links in the usr / bin / python directory. You should not attempt to remove the pre-installed version of Python provided by Apple, as this may cause your operating system to malfunction or crash.
If you want to remove any third-party Python frameworks you may have installed, such as those found on python.org, here are all the details provided with step-by-step instructions on how to completely uninstall Python from your Mac.
Basic steps to uninstall Python application on macOS
First of all, if Python is running, you are supposed to exit related processes before uninstalling. And there are several ways you can take to get out of Python:
- Right-click on its icon in the Dock and then choose the Exit option;
- Open a Python window and choose Exit from the Apple menu in the upper left;
- Start the Activity Monitor, select the process named Python from the list, then click the “X” button in the upper left corner and click the Remove button in the pop-up dialog. If the application does not close, try Force Quite in Activity Monitor.
After that, you can perform the standard uninstall, and here are two options available.
Option 1: remove Python from Launchpad
- Open Launchpad and type Python in the search box at the top.
- Click and hold the Python icon that appears until it starts to move.
- Click the “X” icon in the upper left corner of the Python icon and click the Delete button in the confirmation dialog to run the uninstall.
Once you click the Delete button, the uninstallation will be handled instantly and there is no need to empty the Trash afterwards. If you install Python through the App Store and your system is OS X lion or later, you can take this approach to uninstall it easily.
Option 2: remove Python to Trash
- Open Finder and click Applications in the sidebar to navigate to the folder.
- Find and select Python, then drag the icon to the Trash and drop it there.
- Right-click the Trash icon and choose Empty Trash to uninstall.
Notice: Be careful when doing the last step. Emptying the Trash will instantly delete all the files you have thrown into the Trash, and this operation is irrevocable. Make sure you delete the right things, and before emptying the Trash, you can still restore the item by right-clicking on it and choosing the Replace option.
Also, you can uninstall an application like that: (1) right-click the application and choose the Move to Trash option; (2) select the application and go to the File menu> Move to Trash option.
The drag-and-remove method works on all versions of Mac OS X. Once properly installed, most applications can be safely uninstalled that way, although it may not apply to some built-in applications. If you can’t move an app to the Trash, try selecting the app’s icon, hold down the Option key, and choose Empty Trash from the Finder menu.
Option 3: uninstall Python via command line
If you installed the older version of Python, you can use this method to uninstall it from your Mac. First open Terminal and enter the following command lines:
sudo rm -rf “/ Applications / Python” sudo rm -rf /Library/Frameworks/Python.frameworksudo rm -rf / usr / local / bin / python
Then enter your administrator password if prompted, to confirm the deletion.
This option is not recommended for adoption by Mac beginners, especially those who are not familiar with the Terminal command. If you have tried the above mentioned ways to uninstall Python but it still fails, you had better use a professional tool to handle this task.
Final remarks: How to Remove Python3 from MacOS
I hope you understand this article, How to Remove Python3 from MacOS. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.