This tutorial is about How to Remove the Chat Taskbar Icon on Windows 11 PC. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Remove the Chat Taskbar Icon on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Remove the Chat Taskbar Icon on Windows 11 PC
If you recently upgraded your device to Windows 11, you’ve noticed a few things: the Start menu is now in the center, and next to it are three new icons: task view, widgets, and chat buttons. The easiest way to remove the chat icon from the taskbar is to disable it. To do this, right-click on an empty area of your taskbar and then click the Taskbar Settings button that appears. A new settings window will open with the heading Personalization > Taskbar. Microsoft still recommends downloading the full Microsoft Teams app for work or school accounts, so the chat app is gathering dust on your taskbar and there seems to be no way to remove it easily.
Fortunately, there is a simple solution you can use to shrink your taskbar and limit it to the apps and shortcuts you need. While the task view and widget icons are useful for most users, there probably aren’t many users of Microsoft Teams Chat. So if you are not one of them, here are some ways you can get rid of this unnecessary app from your taskbar.
How to hide the chat button from the Windows 11 taskbar
- The easiest way to remove the chat icon from the taskbar is to disable it.
- To do so, right-click on an empty section of your taskbar and then click the taskbar settings button that will appear.
- A new Settings window will appear, with Personalization > Taskbar as the header.
- Under the items on the taskbar, look for Chat.
- Click the slider button on its right side to turn off the icon.
- Once you’ve done that, the chat button on your taskbar will disappear.
How to uninstall Microsoft Teams from Windows 11
- First, you need to open the settings menu of your computer.
- Click on the Start menu and then select the gear icon next to the power button.
- Alternatively, you can click the All Apps button at the top right of your Start menu and then scroll down to find Settings.
- Once the Settings window is open, go to Applications in the menu on the right side.
- In the main window, click Apps & features.
- In the list of apps, find Microsoft Teams. Once you find it, click the three-button menu on the right side, then choose Uninstall.
- A small window will appear to confirm if you want to proceed with the removal of the application. Click Uninstall to continue. Wait for the uninstall process to finish. Once this is done, you will no longer find the Microsoft Teams app in the Apps & Features window.
- Your next step is to remove the Chat icon from your taskbar.
- To do this, go to taskbar settings, then under taskbar items, look for Chat.
- Click the slider button to turn it off.
- You will no longer find the chat icon on your taskbar.
Final remarks: How to Remove the Chat Taskbar Icon on Windows 11 PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Remove the Chat Taskbar Icon on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.