This tutorial is about How to Run IT Kodi Addon. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Run IT Kodi Addon. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Run IT Kodi Addon
Kodi is a powerful open source media player. And it provides a great experience after installing addons on Kodi. If you don’t know how to install Kodi addons, don’t worry. This post will guide you step by step.
What are Kodi addons?
Add-ons are dramatically expanding your Kodi experience by adding functionality to your entertainment hub. Some of these addons can be used to stream video and audio content over the internet or maintain your Kodi installation by deleting cache and other temporary files.
There are two types of Kodi addons: official and unofficial. Official Kodi addons can be installed from the Kodi Addon Repository, which is pre-installed by default. The Kodi website provides a list of all official addons. However, unofficial Kodi addons require you to install third-party repositories, which can be done by adding a source in your file manager.
Install Kodi Addons in 3 Easy Steps
Most Kodi addons can be installed by taking three easy steps:
- Add a source
- Installing a repository
- Installing the addon from the repository
Before we show you how to install Kodi addons, make sure you enable unknown sources in your settings. In our guide we show you step by step how to do it.
How to Add a Source in Kodi File Manager
- Launch Kodi and select the gear icon to open settings.
- Open your file manager by selecting the folder symbol.
- Select “Add Source” (may require a double click on certain devices).
- When you see this window, select “
- Type the URL pointing to the source you need to add to install the repository and plugin. These source URLs are mentioned in all of our plugin installation guides. In this example, we will install the Kodzi Kodi addon, which can be used to install Kodi addons directly using an Internet URL.
- In the box below, type the name of the source, the repository, or a term that describes the purpose of this source.
- Click “OK” to confirm your entry.
How to install a Kodi repository
- On the Kodi home screen, click on “Add-ons” on the left side.
- Select the box symbol at the top left to open the “Plugin Explorer”.
- Click “Install from zip file”.
- The Kodi file manager opens and you will see a list of your connected devices and their sources. Click on the font that we added in the previous step.
- Now you need to search for a zip file that contains the term “repository” and the name of the required repository itself. Sometimes the zip file cannot be found in the first layer but in subfolders within the source.
- After clicking on the zip file, the repository will be installed. When the installation has finished successfully, a message box will appear telling you exactly this.
How to Install Kodi Addons
- After successful installation of a repository, click “Install from repository” in the “Add-on Explorer”.
- A list of installed Kodi repositories appears. Select the repository you just installed.
- Now you need to select the category of the Kodi addon you want to install. Most of the time, the plugin is located under “Video Plugins”. However, in this guide, the plugin is located under “Program Plugins”.
- Select the Kodi addon you want to install. Most of the time, Kodi repositories are full of addons, so make sure you pick the right one.
- Click “Install” at the bottom right.
- If you are using Kodi 18 Leia or later, a window appears listing the dependencies that will be installed along with the addon. These dependencies need to be installed, otherwise the Kodi addon will not be able to work at all. Click “OK” on the left side.
- After a few seconds, the Kodi addon installs successfully.
- When you return to the Kodi home screen, all installed addons will appear once you highlight the “Addons” menu item on the left side.
Final remarks: How to Run IT Kodi Addon
I hope you understand this article, How to Run IT Kodi Addon. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.