This tutorial is about How to Secure TikTok Account. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Secure TikTok Account. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Secure TikTok Account
Millions around the world watch short videos on TikTok and share their own clips. Some do it to be creative and social; others seek popularity. But like any online community, TikTok isn’t just a platform for cool bloggers and their fans. It is also home to haters, spammers, and scammers. We tell you what security and privacy settings protect your account from this. Many social networks and services protect users from password theft. Enabling two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of protection: when 2FA is enabled, the app needs a one-time code in addition to your password, which it sends via SMS on demand, for example.
TikTok doesn’t have that setting, just the Sign in with verification code option. In this case, TikTok will send you a unique access code via SMS. However, this is not two-factor authentication; The code does not supplement your password, but rather replaces it. In a nutshell, once you have the code, you can log in to your account without a password. When you sign up, you have the option to use one of the popular single sign-on options, as well as your phone number or email address. As far as managing your account goes, TikTok keeps it pretty simple and all the settings are found under Manage My Account.
How to enable two-factor authentication on TikTok
- Open the Tik Tok app and tap on the Profile tab at the bottom right.
- Now, tap on the three-line menu at the top right, followed by the Security & Login option near the top.
- On the next page, you’ll see options like Security Alerts, Manage Devices, Manage App Permissions, and 2-Step Verification.
- The two-step verification option will be disabled by default. Choose two of the options to receive your codes.
- I would recommend using the SMS and email option. With the SMS option you will get a four digit code and with the email option you will get a six digit code. When you’ve made your choice, don’t forget to tap the Save button at the bottom. The next time the app detects that someone is trying to sign in, it will use the two-step verification methods you’ve chosen.
How to disable two-step verification on TikTok
If you ever change your mind and want to turn it off, you can do so as follows:
- Tapping on the profile tab
- Security and login
- Press turn off next to the two-step verification code
- Choose Power off, and after reading the warning message, tap Power off again.
- Enter your password, followed by Next.
Final remarks: How to Secure TikTok Account
I hope you understand this article, How to Secure TikTok Account. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.