This tutorial is about How to Send Notes to Yourself on Slack. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Send Notes to Yourself on Slack. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Send Notes to Yourself on Slack
The option to take notes for yourself is a useful feature that you may not know about. Why would you want to do something like this? Let’s say you’re in the middle of a long conversation with a group of other users in one workspace when someone says something that you think would be useful to mention in another workspace or to another user. Maybe you want to write a note that can be used as a template for future Slack conversations, or maybe it’s a topic that requires more research. Why leave the Slack app when you can stay in it and jot down a few notes?
How to take notes in Slack
- Open your workspace in the Slack app, then open the left sidebar. In that sidebar, you should see yourself listed under Direct Messages.
- Tap on your name and you should see your personal space. At the bottom of the window, you should see a text area labeled Write Something Down.
- Tap on that text area and start typing your note. Once you’ve finished composing your note, tap the Send button. The note should immediately appear in your personal space. At that point, you can long press the note and tap Edit message.
While editing the message, you can always use the available formatting options, such as:
- Bold text surrounding it with *asterisks*
- Italicize text by enclosing it with _underscores_
- Cross out the text by enclosing it with ~tildes~
- Quote a single sentence with a heading >
- Cite multiple sentences with header >>>
- Format a word as inline code with surrounding “backticks”
- Format multiple words or lines as inline code with multiple ““backquotes”’ around it
Once you’re done editing, tap the checkmark and your message will be saved. With that message formatted just the way you like it, you can copy and paste it into any workspace or private message you need.
This is a great way to compose messages and/or notes that could be used as templates, drafts, simple notes, and more. By jotting down these notes, you won’t leave the Slack app and risk missing something, or having to scramble to find a piece of paper so you don’t forget that crucial piece of information.
Final remarks: How to Send Notes to Yourself on Slack
I hope you understand this article, How to Send Notes to Yourself on Slack. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.