This tutorial is about How to set-up and use TikTok. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to set-up and use TikTok. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to set-up and use TikTok
It is the 7th most popular social media platform in the world with 689 million active users worldwide and has been downloaded more than 2 billion times. This is not a fad, it is a social media phenomenon. And it’s time to get on board (and finally find out who Charli D’Amelio is around the world). If you are new to the video sharing platform, you have come to the right place. TikTok is a platform for mobile short videos. Users can create videos between 5 seconds and 3 minutes in length and use a huge library of fun music and effects to quickly stitch bite-sized digital movies together.
But aside from the fun of quickly capturing and editing videos from your phone, discovering content through TikTok’s finely tuned algorithm is absolutely attractive to many people.
Setting up TikTok
The most popular form of TikTok is the mobile app. You can also use the TikTok website for some things, but it doesn’t have all the same functions. For that reason, you need to download the app on your phone from the corresponding app store and install it. You will then need to set up an account and then you can get started.
- Download TikTok from the App Store or Google Play Store and install it.
- Set up your account by following the wizard.
TikTok will ask you to provide a working phone number. While this is not something you need to provide, you cannot message other users without it. Providing your phone number is also a good way to protect your account and make sure you can get it back. By setting up your account, you can start watching and making your own videos. But first, let’s talk about your profile page.
How to set up your profile page
TikTok profile pages are fairly simple in nature. Like other social media platforms, you can add a username, a profile picture, and a short bio. These are the highlights of her profile page:
- You can access your profile page by clicking on the profile icon in the lower right corner.
- At the top, you will see your profile photo and username. Other users can find your profile by searching for the name with the ‘@’ symbol before it.
- Below your profile picture and username, you’ll see the number of people you follow, the number of people who follow you, and how many likes your videos have (overall).
- You will now see three icons. Tapping the first icon will display all the videos you have posted (as well as the ones in your drafts). Tapping the second will show the videos of other creators that you liked, and the last icon will show you the private videos.
- If you need to access TikTok settings, tap on the three-line menu icon in the upper right corner. Here, you can change your privacy settings and more.
- In this menu, you will find various options to customize your privacy, account, and even notifications.
- That’s it. You are inside and you can start enjoying the social network.
Upload your own video to TikTok
Browsing and consuming media is only a small part of Tik Tok. Its true strength lies in helping you create your own video, do some basic editing, and then upload it to the site. It is not required, of course, but you are missing it if you are not contributing.
TikTok is made for short videos. Initially, TikTok allowed creators to make 15-second videos. Today, you can post videos that range from 15 seconds to 3 minutes. As you might expect, TikTok makes it very easy to create your own content to add to the network. If you have used Snapchat or Instagram, the process is not that different.
How to upload your own video
These are the basics for adding your own video to TikTok.
- Get ready, the stage, the song or the sketch and have everything ready beforehand.
- Rehearse what you are going to do until it is perfect.
- Open Tik Tok on your phone and hit the ‘+’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Select any audio you want to add by selecting ‘Sounds’ at the top.
- Hit record when you’re ready.
- Press record again to stop if it doesn’t stop automatically.
- Add effects, text, or edits to your video on the next screen and select Next when you’re done.
- Select the friends you want to tag and select Next.
- Select Publish when you are ready to publish.
How to create a duet on TikTok
You and your friend can duet on TikTok, even when you’re in two separate locations. Duet only works with public videos of 15 seconds or less in length.
- Open a video of your friend and select the Share icon.
- Then tap on the Duet icon.
Final remarks: How to set-up and use TikTok
I hope you understand this article, How to set-up and use TikTok. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.