With Discord becoming so popular, you may want to keep your account details safe. If your personal information is leaked or part of your Discord account, it can be easily hacked. Discord lets you add two-factor authentication, also known as 2FA, to provide another layer of security when trying to log into the app. Discord does not grant anyone access until identity is verified. In this article we will try to teach you how to Set Up Two-Factor Authentication on Discord.
Setting up two-factor authentication is one of the easiest steps you can take to increase the security of your account on any platform. Like many social media platforms, Discord also offers an option for users to securely enable and use two-factor authentication. Below we have mention the steps to turn on Two-Factor Authentication on Discord.
How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Discord on PC and Smartphones
How to Turn On or Off 2FA in Discord From a PC
- Open Discord in the browser
- Click the gear icon to bring up the settings menu.
- Click on “My Account”.
- Select the larger button with “Enable Two-Factor Auth” on it.
- Download the authenticator app of your choice as mentioned above.
- Get the barcode or key from Discord.
- Enter the key provided or use the barcode scanner in the authenticator app.
- Once you have entered the required codes, your account will now have 2FA enabled.
How to Turn On 2FA in Discord on Android
- Open Discord app on Android
- Find the gear icon and tap on it.
- From the settings menu, tap “My Account” to access the right panel.
- Find the big button that says “Two-Factor Authentication”.Tap on “Enable two-factor authentication”.
- Download Authy or Google Authenticator to your phone.
- You will receive a code that you can enter into the authenticator app.
- After the codes have been accepted, your Discord account is now protected by 2FA until you deactivate it.Tap Done
How to Turn On 2FA in Discord on iPhone
- Open Discord on iPhone.
- Locate gear icon at the bottom of the screen and tap on it.
- You are now in the settings menu; Tap on “My Account” to access the correct settings.
- Tap on “Enable two-factor authentication”.
- Download either Authy or Google Authenticator to your iPhone.
- Enter the code you received into the authenticator app or scan the QR code from Discord.
- Once the codes are accepted, 2FA becomes active.
- Tap Done.
That’s it with our article on how to set 2FA in Discord. Like other services that allow users to have an account, Discord has optional security-enhancing features. One feature is two-factor authentication, which can prevent unwanted users from accessing your account.
I hope you understand this article, How to Set Up Two-Factor Authentication on Discord.