This tutorial is about How to set videos as live wallpapers on Android. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to set videos as live wallpapers on Android. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to set videos as live wallpapers on Android
Android users like to brag about how much more personalized their phones are than the iPhone, and they’re often right. Here’s a fantastic example: it’s not feasible to put videos on your iPhone’s wallpaper, with the exception of a restricted technique using Live Photos, but it’s easy to do on Android with a variety of free apps. The feature is also built into some Samsung phones. Remember that this is not done by default because repeatedly playing videos on your home screen will drain your phone’s battery faster each day.
How to set videos as live wallpapers on Android
To set videos as live wallpapers on an Android device, you will need to install a third-party app like Video to Wallpaper. The app is pretty simple to use, and I’m sure most of you will be able to figure out the process for yourself. But if you have any trouble, here is a quick overview of how you can use it to set any video as live wallpaper on your phone.
- Install the app from the Google Play Store by clicking this link.
- On the home page of the app, tap the + icon in the bottom right corner to add a new video.
- In the next pop-up window, tap the “Choose” button to select the wallpaper from your device’s internal storage.
- Select the video of your choice by tapping on it in the next window. In this case, I’m using one of the leaked OnePlus 9 live wallpapers we shared earlier this month.
- Tap OK on the next screen to confirm your selection.
- The selected wallpaper will appear on the app’s home screen, and you’ll need to tap the “Apply” button below it to proceed to the next step.
- This will open another pop-up window with instructions on how to apply the wallpaper. Tap OK on the window.
- Select Video for wallpaper on the next page.
- You should now see a preview panel with a “Set Wallpaper” button at the bottom. You can tap this button to continue to the next step, or you can check the Preview option in the top right corner to view the wallpaper in full screen mode.
- Tapping the Set Wallpaper button will bring up a message asking you to select where you want to apply the selected wallpaper. It includes two options: one to apply the wallpaper to the home screen and the other to apply it to both the home screen and the lock screen.
- You can select any of the two options to apply the wallpaper.
Video to Wallpaper is one of the simplest apps that you can use to set videos as live wallpapers on your Android phone. I chose it among the other apps mentioned below for a simple reason: it is ad-free. If you are looking for an app that offers more controls and customization options or is easier to use, you should check out the alternatives mentioned below. However, before we get to the alternatives, let’s take a look at another useful trick that will allow you to set videos as live wallpapers on a Samsung Galaxy device without a third-party app.
How to set videos as live wallpapers on Samsung Galaxy phones
You can set videos as live wallpapers on Samsung Galaxy phones without using third-party apps. To do so, follow these steps.
- Open the video you want to set as wallpaper in the Gallery app.
- Tap the three-dot menu button in the bottom right corner.
- Select the ‘Set as wallpaper’ option from the menu.
- Two options will appear, ‘Lock Screen’ and ‘Call Background’. Tap the ‘Lock Screen’ option to set the video as wallpaper on the lock screen. Note that the feature supports videos up to 15 seconds, and you’ll need to trim your video if it’s longer in the next step.
Also, the app offers a ‘Color’ tab that you can use to set a solid color static wallpaper on your phone. However, the app has a couple of drawbacks. It has a persistent banner ad at the top, its user interface looks outdated, and the video selection screen isn’t the most ideal.
Free Wallpapers Video Wallpapers and Backgrounds
The free Wallpapers app offers a wide selection of live and static wallpapers in various categories. In addition to that, it allows you to set your own videos as live wallpapers. However, the process is not exactly simple. To set your own videos as live wallpapers, tap the hamburger menu button on the top left corner of the app’s home screen. Select the ‘Photos and videos on your device’ option from the menu, tap ‘OK’ on the next page, and then choose a video from your phone’s internal storage. Again, the app’s video browser isn’t great, so searching for the video you want to set as your live wallpaper can be a bit difficult. The app also has heavy banner ads and occasional pop-up ads, which can turn off many users. On the plus side, the app offers a ton of additional live and static wallpapers. It even includes an auto wallpaper changer feature where you can set a couple of static wallpapers to alternate on your home screen automatically.
Video Wallpaper app is another simple alternative that allows you to set any video as your live wallpaper with just a couple of taps. The home screen of the app displays a list of videos from your internal storage that you can use as your live wallpaper. Unfortunately, tapping on any video brings up a full screen ad. After removing the ad, the app gives you a couple of customization options that allow you to enable audio on the live wallpaper, scale to fit the screen, and double tap to start/pause the live wallpaper. . To set a live wallpaper, tap the ‘Set as launcher wallpaper’ button, check the preview and tap ‘Set wallpaper’. The app allows you to set videos as live wallpapers on home screen only or both home screen and lock screen. Out of all the apps mentioned in this list, the Video Wallpaper app was the most annoying due to the large number of ads.
Final remarks: How to set videos as live wallpapers on Android
I hope you understand this article, How to set videos as live wallpapers on Android. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.