This blog is about the How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10
One of the best things about Windows is that you can almost endlessly customize it to look and feel just the way you want it to. While the default settings are pretty good, there is always room for improvement. So how do you configure your computer according to your particular needs? This tutorial shows you how to reduce the size of desktop icons, as well as move, edit, and delete them.
What are Windows icons?
Icons are the primary means of interacting with computers. They are “graphical” representations of commands that hide the code they execute. Double-click an icon to have Windows interpret the action as a command. It runs the code in the file in the background, executes the command, and then opens the program or follows the instructions in the code.
Make desktop icons smaller or bigger in Windows 10
To reduce the size of desktop icons in Windows 10, you can choose from three preset defaults or use your mouse’s scroll wheel.
Option 1: Choose from three default sizes
- Right click on an empty area on your Windows 10 desktop.
- To select View and choose one of the presets, Small, Way, or Big. Select the one that suits you best.
Option 2: Use the scroll wheel on your mouse or the touchpad on your laptop / tablet
To resize desktop icons using your PC mouse, follow these steps:
- Hover the mouse over an empty spot on the desktop.
- Hold Ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel forward and backward to change the size of the icons. For laptops and tablets, the resizing process is done using two fingers, pinching or pinching them.
- Each wheel click represents one size up or one size down. Select the one that suits you best.
To resize desktop icons using the touchpad or your laptop’s touchscreen, follow these steps:
- To reduce the icons, place two fingers (usually your thumb and index finger) on the trackpad, and then move them together to gradually reduce the size.
- To make the icons larger, use the same fingers (or any fingers you want) and drag them apart.
Resizing Windows 10 icons with the mouse wheel, touchpad, or touchscreen offers more control as they’re not limited to three presets. You can use these three options to find the perfect icon size for your desktop.
Adjust the size of text, apps and other items
If you want to personalize your desktop, you can also change the size of text, app icons, and other items using just one setting as shown above and below.
- Move towards Settings -> System -> Display.
- Change the slider under “Change text size…”
- Drag it up to make everything bigger or down to make it smaller.
- To select Apply once you are happy.
Your screen resolution will remain the same, but the size of the displayed items will increase or decrease depending on the setting you choose. It’s primarily designed to make things on the screen easier to see, but it’s useful in other ways as well!
Text resizing works with most Windows applications, but not all. If they are fully compatible with Windows 10, they will work. If not, Windows can try to resize them to fit or leave it alone.
Adjust icon size in Windows Explorer
You can also change the appearance of files and folders in Windows 10 File Explorer.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- To select View in the top menu.
- Select a setting directly below from the ribbon menu that appears.
- You can also use the Ctrl and mouse scroll wheel cheat again if you prefer.
As you can see from the information above, there are endless sizing options that you can make to your system. Whether you just want tiny icons to save and preserve your beautiful wallpapers or larger ones for better viewing, Windows 10 has plenty of ways to do it!
If you also want to change the appearance of the hard or soft link icons, you can customize the desktop shortcut arrows to suit your needs.
Benefits: How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10
- The How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10 guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10 guide is free.
FAQ: How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10
[wpsm_accordion_section title=”What is this blog about?”]
In this guide, I told you about the How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10.
[wpsm_accordion_section title=”How this blog helping you?”]
In this blogging guide, we discuss about the How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10, which is very helpful for knowledge fun fact purpose.
[wpsm_divider top=”2px” bottom=”15px” style=”fadeout”]
Blog Conclusion: How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10
If you have any queries regards this blog about the How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about this blog or want to update it “How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog How To Shrink Desktop Icons on Windows 10, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.