This tutorial is about How to shut down Windows 11 in Different ways. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to shut down Windows 11 in Different ways. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to shut down Windows 11 in Different ways
There are several methods of shutting down or restarting Windows 11, and in this guide we will introduce most of them so that you can compare them and find out which one works best for you. In Windows 11, Microsoft has made many visual improvements. These include the new Start menu and taskbar, new settings, and more. The Start menu houses your PC’s power menu. When you want to shut down or restart Windows 11 (or any other version of Windows), go to the Start menu.
Along with the Start menu, the power menu has also received a new user interface in Windows 11. This may cause slight inconvenience for those who are used to the now classic Windows 10 Start menu. This article will help you exercise your muscle memory and you will learn how to shut down, restart or hibernate Windows 11.
How to shut down Windows 11 in different ways
Shut down Windows 11 through the Start menu
- Click the Start menu icon on the taskbar below, or press the Win key.
- From there, select the Power button in the lower left corner.
- Click Shut Down from the list of available options.
How to turn off Windows 11 with the power button on your PC
- You can also easily turn off your PC by pressing the power button. It is not necessary to hold it down, as doing so will cause a forced shutdown; a single press should suffice. However, before proceeding, make sure you have saved and closed all your current files and programs. Once done, simply press the power button once and the shutdown procedure will begin. If your Windows 11 goes to sleep instead of shutting down, it means your power settings have overridden this feature.
- To fix this problem, open the Start menu and search for “control panel.” Click on the result, then make sure your Control Panel is set to Large Icon or Small Icon view.
- Once done, go to Power Options> Choose what the power buttons do> When I press the power button and make sure it is set to “Power off”.
Use the Alt + F4 shortcut to shut down Windows 11
- You don’t like to follow neat method and procedures? Us neither. Fortunately, someone at Microsoft understood this too.
- Press the Alt + F4 keys together, and the shutdown menu will appear in front of your screen. Then select the shutdown option from the drop-down menu and press Enter. Your Windows will shut down on a regular basis.
Use the Windows 11 power menu
- To shut down your Windows 11 with the power menu, right-click the Start menu and select the “Shut down or log out” option, and then click Shut Down.
- As soon as you select to shut down, your computer will shut down.
Shut down Windows 11 via command line
- To get started, go to the search bar on the Start menu, type “command line” and choose the best match.
- At the command line, type shutdown / s and press Enter. A dialog box will appear on your screen saying, “You are about to log out.”
Use CTRL + Alt + Del to shut down a Windows 11 PC
- Another shortcut on our list, you can also use the Ctrl + Alt + Delete shortcut to shut down your PC.
- Press the keys together to open the options screen. From there, click the Power button in the lower right corner and then click the Shut down option. Your PC will shut down normally, as with other methods.
Final remarks: How to shut down Windows 11 in Different ways
I hope you understand this article, How to shut down Windows 11 in Different ways. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.