So that wedding toast, dance recital, or grandparent’s story about the good old days went on a bit too long, eh? Still, there were some good parts, so it would be a waste to get rid of the whole thing. If you took that video on an Android phone, you’re in luck: you can trim videos on Android phones by using the Gallery app that came with your phone or tablet. People should know about how to Trim video On Android, iPhone, Windows and Mac.
With a smartphone always in your pocket, it’s easy to record great videos or just record your screen. In the past, it wasn’t as easy to edit those videos on your Android phone, but that’s no longer the case. We’ll explain how.
Like many other things on Android, there are many ways to edit videos. The best option for most people is the one that comes with your device. Google Photos is a well-known app that can edit videos, as can Samsung’s built-in Gallery app. We’ll talk about both.
Want to know how to cut a video on your iPhone? Editing a video is important and useful for almost everyone, whether they use a mobile device or a Windows or Mac computer. The only way to get short video clips out of long video files is to trim the video.
How to Trim video On Android Phone
Trim video On Samsung Android
- Just choose your video and touch the button with three dots in the upper-right corner. This is the “options” button. “Edit > Studio > Video Trimmer” is the one to use.
- Once you’ve opened the Samsung video trimmer, you’ll need to use the yellow marker to move the video to where the action is. Then you will be free to choose where to start and where to end.
- Once the video clip you want to use has been trimmed, click “Done.”
- Then, a pop-up window will ask you to give the trimmed video clip a name. But unlike Android, Samsung phones doesn’t automatically save the video file after it has been trimmed. So, you have to give it the name you want, and then you just have to tap the “Save” button.
- Now that you have a video clip with the right length, all you have to do to share it is tap the button with three dots in the upper-right corner. Choose the “Share Via” option, and you’re all set.
Trim video On Android Via built-in feature
- First, open the video player that your Android phone came with.
- Then, choose the video you just recorded and play it on your Android device.
- Tap the menu button now. It brings up the menu of settings for a video.
- You should now choose trim from the list.
- At this point, you need to hold down your finger and gently move the frame to choose the start and endpoints.
- Once the trimming is done, you can save the result on your Android right away.
Via AndroVid Video Trimmer
- Install the AndroVid Video Trimmer.
- Wait a few seconds for all the videos on your device to load. Choose the video you want to change.
- Choose the mode for splitting. Then keep the marker on the video timeline where the video needs to be cut. Then tap the scissors icon in the top right corner. Then the tool will start working on the video and split it into two parts.
- Once the processing is done, the system will ask if you want to replace the original or save it as a new video. Once you choose an option, the new video will be saved.
How to Trim video On iPhone
Using Photos App
- You’ll need to go to either the Camera app or the Photos app to edit your video clip. I usually go to the Photos app, switch to Albums, and scroll down to the Videos menu under Media Types.
- You can then choose the video you want to edit and trim. The video will start playing on its own, and you’ll see icons on the screen for things like sharing, playback, audio, and delete. Tap “Edit” in the interface’s upper right corner.
- Tap and drag on either side of the bottom timeline to make a yellow box appear. Move the sliders in the yellow box to change when your video starts and stops, so you can cut out parts you don’t want.
- When you’re done, you can check by tapping the “Preview” button and then pressing the “Done” button. In iOS13, the trimmed video will automatically be saved as a new clip. Then you can click the Upload icon to save it to Files, add it to an album, make a copy, or share it with AirPlay.
- But if you want to trim and edit the original video again, just click the Edit button and then click Revert.
- Look in the App Store for the iMovie app and download it. Open the iMovie app on your iPhone and go to the Project tab.
- Click the plus sign (+) on the iMovie screen and choose on Movie. Please look for the part of the video you want to cut and click on it. Click on the tab that says “Create Movie” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the section at the bottom that says “Trim.” It will show the Pinch to zoom video feature. You can make the video clip shorter by dragging the yellow trimming bars at the beginning and end of the video with your fingers. Then click “Finished.”
- Search for the FilmoraGo app in the app store and download it.
- Tap the tab that says “Create New Video” and then choose the video clip you want to change.
- Click on the Menu button tab on the program’s interface to bring up the different editing tools. From the different sources, choose the video you want to change. FilmoraGo lets you choose a video file from anywhere, like your iPhone library or a social media site.
- FilmoraGo app will offer you with the trimming option immediately after selecting the intended video. Position the two sliders on the FilmoraGo trimming interface to the exact place you wish to trim the video.
- You can watch a preview of your trimmed video by tapping the Menu button on the right side of the main screen and then tapping the Okay tab.
How to Trim video On Windows
Trim Videos Using Video Editor App
- Type “video editor” into the search bar to find the Video Editor app.
- Click on the search result or press the Enter key on your keyboard to open the Video Editor app. Click the “New video project” button to start a new project.
- Give your project a name and click the OK button. You can also press the Skip button to skip it.
- Click the Add button under the Project library to open video clips from your computer, my collection, or the web. You can also drag and drop video files from your computer into the project library.
- Right-click on the video in the Project library and drag it to the storyboard. Right-click the video files and drag and drop them onto the storyboard is another option.
- Click the Trim button to start cutting the video.
- Move the start and end sliders in the trimmer window to cut the video. The blue area of the video is what happens when you trim it. Click the Done button to finish the trim.
- Click the Finish video button to save your trimmed video.
- Choose the quality of the video that you want to export. Go to More options and check the box next to Use hardware-accelerated encoding to make exporting go faster.
- Click the Export button to start exporting your video.
Using VLC App
- You can either use “Open File” on the Media menu or just drag and drop the video into the VLC media player to add it.
- Then you should start playing the video and recording the segment with the decoder. Try to get in a place where you can press both the Play and Record buttons at the same time to start recording.
- Now, press Ctrl+R to save the video, and save it wherever you want on your local drive.
Using Photos App
- Use the Search Bar to look for photos.
- Choose the video you want to cut.
- Click the Video Trim button in the top menu or press Ctrl + E on your keyboard to open the video trim window.
- Drag the beginning and ending sliders in the trimmer window to cut the video. When the video is trimmed, the blue part will be left over.
- Press Ctrl + S on your keyboard or click the Save a Copy button to save the trim.
- Wait a minute or two for the saving to finish.
- Open ezgid.com and drag and drop a video into the processing panel to upload it. You can also click “upload” and choose a video file that way.
- After you’ve uploaded your video, click the Cut video button in the upper right corner of the window.
- After that, you’ll see “Start Time” and “End Time” at the bottom of the screen, where you can trim the video to fit your needs.
- To keep going, click on the Cut video.
- After that, your video is ready, and you can click Save in the bottom right corner to download it.
How to Trim video On Mac
Cut Video on Mac with QuickTime Player
- Launch the Quick Time Player. You can do a search in the spotlight to find the app, or you can use the finder app, which is in the Dock, and select “Applications” to find the Quick Time app and then launch it.
- After starting the Quick Time player, you need to go to “File” and click “Open File.” Next, choose the video you need to cut from where it is on your Mac. Click “Edit” in the top bar while the video is still open.
- Then, you can either click on “Trim” or press “Command + T” on the keyword.
- Over the course of the video, the yellow bar will show up at the bottom. You can move the “Handles” to get rid of parts of the picture you don’t need. Everything you change inside the yellow bar will stay, while the rest will be cut off.
- When you’re done trimming the video, click “Trim” on the right. After that, you can also watch the videos before editing them by clicking on the play icon.
- You can save the video trimming by clicking on “File” and then “Save.” Give the trimmed video a name and choose where on the MacBook to save it, then click “Save.”
- Name your edited video, choose where on your computer to save it, and then click “Save.”
Using Photos App
- Open the Photos app, scroll down to the Albums section, and click Videos under Media Types.
- You can trim a video by clicking it twice, moving your mouse over it, clicking the gear icon, and then clicking Trim.
- You can cut the beginning or end of the video by dragging the ends of the yellow frame.
- If you want to keep your changes, click Trim. If you don’t, click Cancel.
How to Revert a Trim on Mac
- Open the Photos app, then open the video you trimmed, hold your finger over the video, and click the gear icon again.
- Click Reset Trim.
Which tool is used to trim any video?
Kapwing Video Trimmer is a great tool that is quick and easy to use. We say it’s the best tool for casual users who only need a video cropper for a short time. It takes a comprehensive approach to help its users use the tool easily. It is easy to crop videos here.
Can VLC trim videos?
You can use VLC’s recording feature to make a whole new video file that you can then cut. If you want to cut out more than one clip, you’ll need to either make several new video files or move around while the video is being recorded. With both VLC for Mac and VLC for PC, you can record videos and then cut them.