This tutorial is about How to turn on Windows Defender to secure your Computer. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to turn on Windows Defender to secure your Computer. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to turn on Windows Defender to secure your Computer
You may have known of the pre-installed software found on Windows machines intended to function as a malware safe which is called Windows Defender. This convenient device was initially delivered for Windows Vista and Windows 7, and can be found in current versions of the operating system, Windows 10.
The moment you turn on your Windows 10 machine, your anti-malware tool settings should be boosted as a matter of course to give you some security. Despite this, a number of people have third-party cybersecurity packages additionally installed on their device and are frequently leaning towards Windows Defender.
The problem is that when Windows Defender is simultaneously enabled as an alternate security package, it can cause problems for that software’s antivirus tools. In case this happens, it is recommended to turn off Windows Defender.
How to activate Windows Defender
- To get started, click the Start menu (or the start screen in Windows 8) and type “Defender” in the search bar (you can also press Windows key + Q to bring up the necessary search bar). This shortcut will start the search function on your system.
- Windows Defender should appear in the list of results. Click on it to start the program. If it is running and takes you directly to the program panel, continue with step five.
- You may now see a message saying, “This application has been disabled and it is not monitoring your computer.” If so, search for “Action Center” in the Start menu (or Start screen in Windows 8) and click on it to open.
- Once in the Action Center, click the Security tab to see which program manages the protection against spyware and unwanted software. If you want to replace an existing anti-spyware package, such as AVG Free, and enable Defender, you must first uninstall the current package through the Programs menu in the Control Panel.
- In Windows 10, things are a bit different. You should open the Control Panel (but not the Settings app) and head to System and Security> Security and Maintenance. Here, under the same heading (Protection against spyware and unwanted software), you will be able to choose Windows Defender. But again, make sure to uninstall any existing software first.
- Now that you have uninstalled any existing anti-spyware or antivirus programs, type “Defender” in the Start menu again and click on the program. If it is disabled, you will be greeted with a message stating it and there will be a text link that says: “Click here to activate it.” Go ahead and click the link to enable Windows Defender.
- If your computer is not protected yet, you need to go to the Windows Defender panel. Defender may be out of date, so it is a good idea to start by updating your protection software. Click the Updates button and follow the steps to install the latest Defender updates.
- When you see a comforting green bar, Defender has been completely updated and ready to protect your computer. If you click the Tools link and then Real-time Protection in the left panel, there are also a number of additional options for scanning downloads, attachments, and programs that are also worth enabling.
How to turn off Windows Defender
- To shut down Windows Defender, perhaps to install or reuse alternative anti-spyware software, follow these steps.
- Click the Start menu (or the Start screen in Windows 8) and type “Defender” in the search bar, and click Windows Defender when it appears. You will be taken to the program panel.
- In Windows 7 or 8, go to the Tools menu and then click Options. From here, click on Administrator in the left panel and finally uncheck the ‘Use this program’ box.
- In Windows 10, things are a bit more direct. Once you’ve opened the program, you’ll see the Settings panel (you can also access it here via Settings> Update & Security> Windows Defender). Now change the real-time protection setting from On ‘to Off’. You can also disable the Cloud-based protection option if you want.
- You will then be notified that the program is disabled. That is all. However, remember that you will be unprotected if you do not have alternative anti-spyware or antivirus software.
Final remarks: How to turn on Windows Defender to secure your Computer
I hope you understand this article, How to turn on Windows Defender to secure your Computer. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.