This tutorial is about How to Turn on Windows Sandbox Feature on Windows 10 Home Edition. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to Turn on Windows Sandbox Feature on Windows 10 Home Edition. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How to Turn on Windows Sandbox Feature on Windows 10 Home Edition
Simply put, Windows Sandbox is a hybrid of a program and a virtual machine. It allows you to easily create a clean virtual operating system with an image of your current system state, allowing you to test applications or data in a safe environment separate from your main system. The state is destroyed when you close the sandbox. Nothing can get past the sandbox to your normal Windows installation, and nothing remains once it’s closed.
Also, the Windows Sandbox feature appeared in Windows 10 and is still available in Windows 11. This is a useful feature for sandbox environments. It is similar to a virtual machine running a different kernel to isolate a Windows Sandbox session from the host using Microsoft’s hypervisor and hardware virtualization. It is about 100 MB in size and installs and runs untrusted traditional applications in a separate installation from the main one.
The most popular way to execute suspicious code on a device is to trick the user into installing a suspicious program on the target device. The lack of awareness among the user base regarding these types of threats leaves a device always vulnerable to a certain type of threat. But it seems that Microsoft has been working hard in the background to fix this problem. They have just announced the availability of a sandboxed version of Windows 10 that runs inside Windows 10 just to isolate suspicious software to run inside it and save the main system from potential threats.
How to activate the Windows Sandbox feature in Windows 10 Home Edition
Turn on Sandbox mode in Windows 10 Home Edition
Once you have ensured that all requirements are met, follow these steps:
- Download Sandbox Installer for Windows 10 Home Edition (1.1 KiB, 4378 views)
- Run the .bat file and it should prompt you to run it with administrative privileges. Hit the Yes button and the batch file should complete in a few minutes.
- Press Y to restart Windows and make the Sandbox feature visible in Windows Features.
Activate Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Home Edition
- Go to Run -> optional features. This will open the Windows Optional Features window.
- Check Windows Sandbox and press OK. This will enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 Home. Restart the computer if necessary.
- Once the feature is enabled, the user can search for “Windows Sandbox” in the Start menu and run the application with administrative rights.
Final words: How to Turn on Windows Sandbox Feature on Windows 10 Home Edition
I hope you understand this article, How to Turn on Windows Sandbox Feature on Windows 10 Home Edition. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.