This tutorial is about How to Unlock the Bootloader On any Xiaomi Device. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Unlock the Bootloader On any Xiaomi Device. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Unlock the Bootloader On any Xiaomi Device
Unlocking Xiaomi device bootloader is the most important step to personalize your Xiaomi Redmi smartphone. If you want to install a custom ROM on your smartphone and plan to root your Xiaomi device, you need to unlock your device’s bootloader first because without unlocking it, you cannot boot or install a custom ROM. If you want to root your Xiaomi smartphone, then your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked; otherwise you will not be able to root your Xiaomi smartphone.
You can unlock bootloader without PC and you can also unlock bootloader with PC. If you want to know how to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi smartphone, you have landed in the right place. Please read this article to the end because the steps to unlock bootloader are very simple and straightforward.
How to unlock the bootloader on any Xiaomi device
Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock
- Go to Settings on your Xiaomi device
- Then go to About phone and tap MIUI version 7 times.
- Then go back to Settings and tap System for additional settings.
- Inside that, head over to Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlock options.
Link your account to your Xiaomi device
- Go to the Settings page on your Xiaomi device
- Head over to Additional Settings followed by Developer Options.
- There you should see Mi Unlock Status option, tap on it.
- Tap the Add account and device button at the bottom and follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure to enter the same phone number that is currently on your device.
- Once the account has been linked successfully, you should receive a “Added Successfully” message. My account is associated with this device now.”
Boot Xiaomi to Fastboot
- The unlock process requires your device to boot into Fastboot mode. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Make sure debugging is enabled.
- Head over to the platform tools folder on your PC. Type CMD in your address bar and press Enter. This will launch the command prompt.
- Now run the following command to boot your device into Fastboot mode:
- Once done, you should see the famous Mi Bunny logo with Fastboot text. With this, you can now use the Mi Unlock Tool and unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi device. Follow along.
Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader Using Mi Flash Tool
- Launch Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Make sure your Xiaomi device has been booted into Fastboot mode and is also connected to PC.
- Now login with your credentials. Then the server will check if this account is linked to your Xiaomi device or not. Since you have already done this, you should get a Phone Connected message in the tool.
- So go ahead and click the Unlock button. Then a confirmation popup will appear. Click the Unlock Anyway button. At this point, your device will also be wiped. So make sure you have made a backup beforehand.
- The process will start and should take a few minutes. Once this is done, you will see the unlocked success message. Click the Reboot Phone button to reboot your device.
Final remarks: How to Unlock the Bootloader On any Xiaomi Device
I hope you understand this article, How to Unlock the Bootloader On any Xiaomi Device. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.