This tutorial is about How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV
LG is one of the best-selling smart TV brands in the world. You can install various apps from LG Content Store on your LG Smart TV. Only apps that are available on the LG Content Store can be added to the LG Smart TV. Most of these apps are updated regularly. Smart TVs bring a wide range of entertainment options right into our homes. Access to thousands of movies and series is now possible with just a few clicks through various streaming providers. With smart TVs, you can not only watch your favorite shows, but also browse the internet, download apps, and play games.
If you use an LG Smart TV, you may have already downloaded several apps to add to your daily entertainment. First, find out the model number of your Smart TV. You can refer to the user manual or the label on the back of your device. This improves the features of the app, adds new features and fixes various bugs.
Update Firmware – Netcast
- Press the home button on your remote and select Settings in the bottom left corner.
- Use the remote to scroll down the menu on the left and click the ‘?’ icon. Then select Software Update.
- Make sure software updates are turned on, then click Check Update Version.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to initialize it.
Update Firmware – webOS
- Press the home button on your remote and click the Settings gear in the top right corner.
- At the bottom right, you will see All Settings. Click it.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to highlight General on the left side. Then click About This TV on the right.
- Click Allow Automatic Updates and then click the Check for Updates option.
- When an update appears, you can follow the onscreen prompts to download and install it.
Firmware update: USB
- Go to the LG support website.
- Enter your TV model in the Model Number box.
- Select the firmware version you want to download and select Download this file.
- Copy that file to your USB drive without making any changes.
- Insert the USB drive into your TV and let it detect the drive.
- Navigate to Settings & Support using the remote.
- Select install from file and point the TV at the USB drive.
- Allow the TV to update.
Update Apps on LG Smart TV
Now your firmware is up to date; you can update your apps safely. You will need to load the LG Content Store for this to happen. If you’re using a newer smart TV, the apps should update automatically and you don’t need to do anything. If apps don’t update, open individual apps to check. You may receive an update notification.
- Turn on your Smart TV and click the home button on the remote. Then click LG Content Store.
- Click on Applications. Then click My Apps.
- The apps should appear on your TV. Click each one and click Update if available. Or click All to see all your apps and click Update All.
Set up automatic updates on an LG smart TV
- Turn on the TV and select Start on the remote.
- Select Settings and All Settings.
- Select General and About this TV.
- Check the box next to Allow automatic updates.
- You can check for updates while you’re there if you haven’t just updated everything using this tutorial.
Final remarks: How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV
I hope you understand this article, How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.