This tutorial is about How to Upgrade to MATE Desktop 1.26 in Ubuntu 21.04. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Upgrade to MATE Desktop 1.26 in Ubuntu 21.04. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Upgrade to MATE Desktop 1.26 in Ubuntu 21.04
Today we will learn how to install and update Mate 1.26 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and the latest Ubuntu 21.04 update, as we know, recently released Mate 1.26 with tons of new features with a polished design The new version of Mate 1.26 PPA maintained by Ubuntu Mate developers , and pushed to drop Ubuntu 20.04 LTS users as well as the latest Ubuntu 21.04 release.
While you will also be able to install Mate 1.26 on Ubuntu 21.10 beta and other Ubuntu community driven flavors like Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu Mate 1.26 ppa version provides a desktop environment with new version core applications like pulma and box. for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Ubuntu 21.04
Update to MATE 1.26 on Ubuntu
- To upgrade to MATE 1.26 on a supported version of Ubuntu, simply open a new Terminal window and run the following command: sudo add-apt-repository ppa: ubuntu-mate-dev / fresh-mate
- Enter your password. You will be asked to confirm that you want to add the PPA (if you want to update, you must). Once the PPA is added, the system automatically updates the list of available packages.
- Then you can upgrade the MATE desktop by running: sudo apt upgrade
- After the update is complete, you must log out and log back in. This helps to ensure that all the pieces fit snugly in place.
- If you don’t have the MATE desktop installed yet (because you are using regular Ubuntu or a different version), then you need to install the MATE desktop, which you can do using this command: sudo apt install mate-desktop
- Log out after the upgrade is complete and select the MATE desktop session before logging in again.
Final remarks: How to Upgrade to MATE Desktop 1.26 in Ubuntu 21.04
I hope you understand this article, How to Upgrade to MATE Desktop 1.26 in Ubuntu 21.04. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.