This tutorial is about How To Use a USB to Install Windows 11. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How To Use a USB to Install Windows 11. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How To Use a USB to Install Windows 11
Microsoft’s new operating system called Windows 11 has drawn a lot of attention due to its shiny new user interface plan and new features. How to get Windows 11? So far, Microsoft has not released the official edition as the new system is in the testing stage. You can join the Windows Insider program to get its preview. Also, you can create a bootable Windows 11 USB drive and install the system on your PC. In the attached part, how about we focus on how to install Windows 11 from USB?
How to create a portable installation of Windows 11
- Having a portable installation of Windows 11 installed on a USB drive is useful if we don’t want to destroy our Windows 10 installation. Portability is a bit limited, as when we move to a different machine, we will be prompted to reset its PIN. But all we need is a fast USB 3 drive and we can enjoy Windows 11 without touching our legacy installations.
- Download the latest version of Rufus and install it on your machine. At the time of writing this article, the latest version is 3.16, which includes Windows 11 extended image support.
- Insert a blank 64GB or larger USB stick, and then open Rufus. The faster the USB drive the better as it will become your primary drive.
- Select the USB device on which you want to install Windows 11.
- Make sure Boot Selection shows “Disk or ISO Image” and click DOWNLOAD.
- Select Windows 11 and click Continue.
- Select the latest version and click Continue.
- Select the edition and click Continue.
- Select your preferred language and click Continue.
- Select the architecture and click Download. A new window will open asking where to save the ISO image. Save it to your Downloads folder. You can also download the image using a browser if you want.
- Please wait for the download to complete.
- Click the Image Dropdown option and select Windows To Go. This will install Windows 11 directly to the USB drive.
- Verify that the correct drive is selected and click Start to begin the installation.
- The writing process may take some time, depending on the USB drive being used, when finished, remove the drive and insert it into the machine you want to boot from.
- Power on the machine you want to use for Windows 11, press any key that triggers a USB boot.
- Select your Windows 11 boot drive and boot.
- Follow the standard Windows 11 post-installation script to configure your computer.
Using the Windows 11 Portable Drive on All Machines
- Every time the Windows 11 portable drive is inserted into a device, you will be asked to verify who you are.
- Insert the Windows 11 USB into a new device and boot.
- Click Set my PIN on the login screen to start the verification process.
- Enter the account details used when setting up Windows 11, in our case it was a Microsoft account.
- Click Email
to send a verification email to your account.
- On another device, open your verification email and enter the code at the Windows 11 prompt.
- When you are prompted to reset your PIN, click Continue.
- Create a new PIN and click OK to continue with the login process.
Final remarks: How To Use a USB to Install Windows 11
I hope you understand this article, How To Use a USB to Install Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.