ChatGPT has completely taken over the internet. Anyone can get hooked on a service if they can ask a question and get an answer right away. One of these tools is ChatGPT by OpenAI, which can find answers to almost any question you ask. In This article How to Use ChatGPT on Mac.
At the moment, the service is only available on the web, but a GitHub page has a desktop app for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Here is a simple guide to downloading and installing the ChatGPT app on your MacBook PC without any problems. As the developer has not been checked, you may need to change some settings on your Mac. If you can download this app, than you can visit on Google Play Store.
Steps to Use ChatGPT on Mac
- Open Safari or your preferred browser.
- Click Try ChatGPT on openai.com.
- If you already have an account, click Log in. Click Sign Up if you don’t have one.
- To make an account, enter your email address or use your Google or Microsoft account. You will be asked to click a captcha to prove you are a real person. Click the Next button.
- OpenAI will need you to confirm your email address. Just click the button to be sent to your email, or log in to your email and verify.
- The next step is to type in your name and confirm your phone number. Enter your phone number and click Send code. Check your phone and type the code you got into the browser field.
- You will see a screen that says “Welcome.” This is a free look at some research. Follow the steps on the screen and click Done when you’re done.
How to Access ChatGPT From Your Mac’s Menu Bar
Get an OpenAI API key
- Get a new OpenAI API key: Sign up for an OpenAI account if you don’t have one, or log in to your existing account.
- Navigate to the ‘USER’ section: Look for the ‘USER’ section in your account settings.
- Access API keys: Click on ‘API keys’ in the ‘USER’ section.
- Create a new secret key: Click on ‘+ Create new secret key’ to generate a new API key.
- Install Homebrew: Go to Homebrew’s website or use the following code in Terminal: /bin/bash -c “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)”
- Note: Installing Homebrew may take some time.
- After installation: In the Terminal, type the following command and hit Enter.
- brew –version
- After obtaining your API key and successfully installing Homebrew, our next step is to install AIChat.
- On the same Terminal window, input the following command and hit Enter.
- brew install airchat
- Enter “y” to create a new config file
- Paste in your API key.
- Enter “y” if you don’t want to use Proxy. (You normally won’t need it.)
- Enter “y” if you want to save all chat messages, else, just hit “n”.
- To start using AIChat, simply type in the following in Terminal and hit Enter. aichat
- That’s it! You can now type in your prompts and hit Enter. Wait for the responses just as you would when using ChatGPT online.
How to access ChatGPT online?
ChatGPT can be used online on computers, mobile phones, and tablets without having to download or install any software. To get started, open your web browser and go to the ChatGPT online page to make a new account or sign in to an existing one. This tool is powered by AI and can help you improve your work without any trouble.
Users must give their phone number or email address when they sign up for an OpenAI account. But people who don’t want to give out their phone numbers can still use ChatGPT. They need to go to the ChatGPT blog on OpenAI’s website and click the “Try ChatGPT” button.
The AI text generator is currently only available in the UK through a web or mobile browser, but that could change in the near future as an official iOS app just launched in the US. While you wait for it to reach these shores, you can put ChatGPT on your Mac or iPhone for quick and easy access using two free apps.
Make sure that your Mac is connected to the Internet. To check your Internet connection, try loading a page in Safari or another web browser. Check that the date and time is set correctly on your Mac. Make sure that you enter the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
There are various reasons why ChatGPT may not be working for you. A common cause stems from a bunch of users trying to use the chatbot at the same time. Usually, this leads to a server overload issue (capacity problem), where many people get locked out of the site.