This tutorial is about How to Use Dark Mode in Google Docs on Chrome Browser. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Use Dark Mode in Google Docs on Chrome Browser. If your answer is yes then please do share with your friends after reading this.
Check How to Use Dark Mode in Google Docs on Chrome Browser
If you’re a fan of dark mode and your workflow involves using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, rejoice, but Google has primarily implemented a new feature that provides dark theme support in their Docs apps. , Spreadsheets and Presentations. A dark theme not only saves your device’s battery, it is also easy on the eyes, so that every time you look at the screen, you don’t feel awkward. So by following this guide, you can learn how to enable dark mode in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides on Android, iOS, and the web.
Enable dark mode in Google Docs on the web
Since the web version of Google Docs does not yet offer a dark mode, you will have to rely on a browser hack to enable the mode in this office suite.
In Google Chrome, there is an experimental flag that you can activate to enable dark mode in Google Docs. Please note that activating this flag enables dark mode on all websites you visit with this browser.
Here’s how to turn on dark mode in Google Docs if that’s right for you:
- Launch Google Chrome on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Type chrome: // flags in the address bar and hit Enter.
- You should now be on the Chrome flags screen. Here, click on the search box at the top and type the following: Force dark mode for web content.
- When the searched item appears in the results, click the drop-down menu next to the item and select Enabled.
- A new button that says Relaunch appears at the bottom of your browser. Click this button to close Chrome and then reopen it. This is necessary for your changes to take effect.
- When Chrome reopens, visit the Google Docs site. You will notice that it is now in dark color.
If you ever want to disable dark mode in Google Docs, just go to Chrome’s flags screen and select Disabled from the menu where you chose Enabled above. Then restart Chrome, and you should be all set.
Please note that this dark mode only works in Chrome and is not linked to your Google account. If you access Google Docs from another web browser, you will see the original light theme.
Dark mode for Google Docs on mobile devices
Unlike the web version, the Google Docs mobile app doesn’t require you to use a workaround to enable dark mode. Instead, there is an official option in the Settings menu that allows you to obscure your entire app experience.
Also, if you’ve already enabled a system-wide dark option on your phone, Google Docs will automatically adapt to your dark theme. You do not have to modify any options in this case.
For all other users, follow these steps to activate dark mode:
- Open the Google Docs application on your mobile device.
- Touch the Documents menu (three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner.
- Select Settings from the menu that appears.
- On the Settings screen, tap Choose theme at the top.
- Select Dark from the available options.
- The app will quickly turn off the lights and go dark.
To disable dark mode, go to the same Choose Theme menu and select Light from the list of themes.
An optional feature that you get in the Google Docs mobile app is that you can preview your documents in a light theme while the app is still using dark mode. To use this option:
- Open a document in the Google Docs app on your phone.
- On the document screen, tap the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
- Select the View in light theme option.
Turn off the lights in Google Docs
Google Docs for the web is not yet available in dark mode. Until then, use the methods above to match your experience with your needs. With these methods, it’s easy to turn dark mode on and off in the web and mobile versions of Google Docs.
Final remarks: How to Use Dark Mode in Google Docs on Chrome Browser
I hope you understand this article, How to Use Dark Mode in Google Docs on Chrome Browser. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.