This tutorial is about How To Use Deb-Get For Installing Third-Party Applications On Linux. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How To Use Deb-Get For Installing Third-Party Applications On Linux. If your answer is yes, please do share after reading this.
So lets keep reading for intertesting info:
Check How To Use Deb-Get For Installing Third-Party Applications On Linux
Linux is the most popular and widely used open source operating system. As an operating system, Linux is software that sits among all the other software on a computer, receiving requests from those programs and forwarding those requests to the computer’s hardware. In many ways, Linux is similar to other operating systems you’ve used, such as Windows, macOS (formerly OS X), or iOS.
Like other operating systems, Linux has a graphical interface and the same kinds of software you’re used to, like word processors, photo editors, video editors, and so on. In many cases, the manufacturer of a piece of software has developed a Linux version of the same program that you use on other systems. In short, if you can use a computer or other electronic device, you can use Linux.
But Linux also differs from other operating systems in many important ways. First, and perhaps most importantly, Linux is open source software. The code used to develop Linux is free and available for the public to view, edit and, for users with the right skills, help build. Below are the steps to use Deb-Get to install third-party applications on Linux.
How to use Deb-Get to install third-party applications on Linux
How to install deb-get
- Installing deb-get is very easy. You will first need to make sure you have curl installed with the command:
- sudo apt-get install curl -y
- With curl added, install deb-get with this handy script:
- curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wimpysworld/deb-get/main/deb-get | sudo -E bash -s install deb-get
- You can verify the installation with the command:
How to use deb-get
- Using deb-get is very similar to using apt-get. First, find a list of available apps with the command:
- Although the list is not huge, there are already many titles available to install, such as:
- 1 password
- Google Chrome
- ONLYOFFICE desktop editors
- Shell Power
- Once you find a package to install, just run the command:
- sudo deb-get install PACKAGE
- Where PACKAGE is the name of the package to install. Here are some other commands you can run with deb-get.
- Install the latest versions of all installed packages with deb-get:
- Reinstall a package:
- sudo deb-get reinstall PACKAGE
- Where PACKAGE is the name of the software to reinstall.
- Delete a package:
- sudo deb-get remove PACKAGE
- Delete a package and any configuration files left behind:
- sudo deb-get purge PACKAGE
- Delete the local repository of recovered files:
- Show details for a given package:
- sudo deb-get show PACKAGE
Final words: How To Use Deb-Get For Installing Third-Party Applications On Linux
I hope you understand this article, How To Use Deb-Get For Installing Third-Party Applications On Linux. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.