In this article we will teach you how to Use Google Maps on Samsung Galaxy watch. Google Maps is a map and navigation app that allows you to geolocate a specific point, calculate routes, find the nearest points of interest, or see the street-level appearance of a place via Google Street View. It was developed in 2005, initially for web browser Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox on the PC. However, its use has become widespread hand in hand with smartphones and then became a fundamental element of local SEO.
You may not know it, but the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 smartwatch can already display maps from Google Maps on your wrist. And what is even better, you will be guided step by step and step by step to your destination. This is especially useful when you don’t have an on-board display on your car’s dashboard while driving or even walking or cycling around town. You don’t have to take your phone out of your pocket to know where you are and where to go. How to Google Maps on Samsung watch.
How to Use Google Maps on Samsung Galaxy smartwatch
- Swipe up on your screen to access your list of apps
- Launch Google Maps Google Maps app icon
- Tap the magnifying glass icon to search for a location
- Choose from the list of previously searched locations or tap on the keyboard to type a new location
- Select how you will travel to the destination: either walking, cycling or driving
- Let your Galaxy Watch4 find the fastest route
- You will then be able to follow the instructions directly from your watch.
How to Use Google Maps on Galaxy Watch Active 2
- First, download and install Navigation Pro on your watch from the Galaxy store. Then open the app and it will ask you to download it to your phone.
- Go to Google Play Store and search for Navigation pro then download it to your smart device as this can’t work without a smart phone.
- Open Google Maps and touch your destination and hold the directional button to start route navigation. This will automatically launch the app on your smartwatch. He will speak navigation as he moves to his destination.
- To cancel navigation tracking, tap the cancel icon in the app to stop tracking your routes.
The second option I use to track my routes is Navigation Wear. This app is free and works great with Google Maps and can help you find your destination easily by talking to you from your watch. The process is more or less the same as the first method.
- First, download Navigation Wear from the Galaxy Store on your watch and also install the app on your phone.
- Then open Google Maps, touch your destination and long press the address to start route tracking.
- This will automatically launch the Navigation Wear app on your Active 2.
These navigation apps will work for Galaxy Watch 3, Galaxy Watch, Active 2 and Gear S3 smartwatches.
We hope our article on how to install and use Google maps on Galaxy watch will help you and resolve all your problems, You can not just use Google maps on Galaxy watch but you can also use it other Android smartwatches.