This tutorial is about How to Use Google Photos Memories Widget on iOS and Android Device. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Use Google Photos Memories Widget on iOS and Android Device. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Use Google Photos Memories Widget on iOS and Android Device
After updating to version 5.53, pressing and holding the Google Photos app icon or navigating the widget area on your launcher will bring up “Your Memories”. It allows you to “Rediscover moments from Google Photos” and comes in 2×2. The widget can be expanded to fill the entire screen, although the corners are rounded. It will take a second for the crop to adjust after expanding, but it will eventually repair itself. The date is centered at the bottom, but collections created from memories see titles aligned to the left.
In the first case, tapping will open the full screen, while in the second case, you’ll access the story-based viewer. Anyone can add this widget to their Android phone as long as they have the Google Photos app. However, keep in mind that you will only see the Reminders widget on your phone if Google Photos is running version v5.52.0.0387241369 or later. This is a good first foray into Google widgets on Android. Seeing photos on your home screen is absolutely adorable and gives you a big burst of nostalgia.
Add Google Photos Memories Widget to Home Screen on Android
- Long press anywhere on the home screen and tap ‘Widgets’ in the popup that appears.
- Once you’re in the widget selection panel, scroll down until you find “Photos” and you’ll see a new Google Photos “Your Memories” widget. If you have Android 12, you can also use the search bar to quickly access the Google Photos memories widget.
- Press and drag the widget to your home screen. If you have signed in with multiple Google accounts on your phone, the widget will prompt you to choose which account to use for the “Your Memories” feature. Here, you need to choose the account that has all your media backups in the cloud.
- You can then resize the Google Photos memories widget to the size of your choice. For reference, I have added all the possible sizes of the widget below. It should be noted that, as you can see here, each memory will show a date on the image.
- When you tap on the memories widget, you’ll be taken to Google Photos to view the image. Once you’ve opened an image, the widget will update to show you a new image from your camera roll.
Add Google Photos Memories Widget to Home Screen on iOS
- Long press on your iPhone’s home screen and tap the ‘+’ icon that appears in the top left corner of the screen to access the widget selector.
- Scroll down until you find the Google Photos widget or use the search bar to locate the widget. Hit the ‘Add Widget’ button to add the Google Photos memories widget to your iPhone.
- You will now start seeing Google Photos memories right on your phone’s home screen.
Final remarks: How to Use Google Photos Memories Widget on iOS and Android Device
I hope you understand this article, How to Use Google Photos Memories Widget on iOS and Android Device. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.