This tutorial is about How to use Incognito mode on the Google Maps. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to use Incognito mode on the Google Maps. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to use Incognito mode on the Google Maps
Google Maps incognito mode is a recently announced feature for the Android app. This allows you to hide some of your Maps activity from the search engine giant, which can be useful in certain situations. The fact that Google stores your location data in Maps can be very useful at times. The company’s apps use this to serve you personalized ads and search results.
However, there may be times when you do not want this information saved. For example, you may need to navigate to an embarrassing (for you) place. And you don’t want ads for that location or business to appear in the app. Or maybe more than one person has access to your Google account. Maybe you don’t want them to know where you are.
Whatever the reason, Google provides an easy way to make sure what’s private is really private (in the Maps app, anyway). Once you turn on the setting, no browsing or search history will be saved in the app. And the places you visit won’t be saved in your Maps history. And the ads will not be personalized based on your browsing history.
How to go incognito on Google Maps
Incognito mode works exactly the same on both iPhone and Android.
- Launch the Google Maps app on your phone.
- Tap your account avatar in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, tap “Turn on incognito mode”.
- A popup appears explaining that incognito mode is now on. Tap “Close” or just tap on the map, outside the window.
- Notice that the incognito icon has replaced your profile avatar at the top right of the screen. You can now use Google Maps privately.
- When you are done with incognito mode, tap on the icon and choose “Turn off incognito mode”. Google Maps will restore your normal settings.
Final remarks: How to use Incognito mode on the Google Maps
I hope you understand this article, How to use Incognito mode on the Google Maps. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.