This tutorial is about How to use “Plus Codes” in Google Maps to share your exact location. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to use “Plus Codes” in Google Maps to share your exact location. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to use “Plus Codes” in Google Maps to share your exact location
Google has a little known feature on Google Maps called “Codes Plus” that allows you to share your exact location with someone. And we recently introduced an easier way to share exactly where you are using those codes on Android. You can also do it on iPhone, although it is a bit more complex. Plus codes are digital addresses, similar to Google’s own interpretation of latitude and longitude coordinates, only shorter.
They have a different function than the “Share Location” function in Google Maps, which follows you as you move. Plus Codes is more about sharing a specific, static location on a map that someone can find at any time from any computer. Usually when you are in a city, you may simply share your address or a nearby point of interest.
However, if you are in a specific location in a national park, you may want to share your Code Plus so someone can find you. Or maybe you’re on a hike and want to share your campground location or car location. You can do this with one more code before you start walking.
How to share your exact location on Google Maps from Android
- Open Google Maps on your Android phone.
- Touch the blue dot that represents where you are.
- Google will show you the Plus code for your location at the top of the screen.
- Send that code to a friend or family member.
- You can also tap the “Share location” button, but keep in mind that it will show your friends your location as you continue.
- move. If you are giving someone the location of a campground or a parked car, just share the Plus Code.
How to share your exact location on Google Maps from iPhone
- Open Google Maps on iPhone.
- Long press to place a red marker next to your location on the map (or anywhere if you want to send the location of something else).
- Google Maps will present a small pop-up window at the bottom of the screen with your location.
- Open that pop-up menu.
- Next to a marker icon, you will see Code Plus (above your longitude and latitude).
- Copy and paste that and send it to a friend to give them your current location.
Final remarks: How to use “Plus Codes” in Google Maps to share your exact location
I hope you understand this article, How to use “Plus Codes” in Google Maps to share your exact location. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.