Wi-Fi 6E provides access to the new 6GHz band, which means 1200MHz of clean spectrum in the US and much of the rest of the world and almost 500MHz of clean spectrum in the EU. This represents the largest single allocation of unlicensed spectrum in history and nearly triples the spectrum available for Wi-Fi. The “E” in Wi-Fi 6E stands for “Extended” because Wi-Fi 6E extends the capabilities of Wi-Fi 6 to the 6 GHz band for more capacity, wider channels, and less interference. This article is about how to use Wi-Fi 6E on M2 iPad Pro.
On the iPad Pro landing page, Apple provides the following description of the latest Wi-Fi adapter and claims it’s twice as fast, likely compared to the older M1 models, which were limited to Wi-Fi 6. Below we have mention the steps to use Wi-Fi 6E on M2 iPad Pro.
How to Enable and Use Wi-Fi 6E on M2 iPad Pro
How to use Wi-Fi 6E on iPad Pro M2
- You must create a Wi-Fi 6E network.
- To create the network, you need a Wi-Fi router that supports Wi-Fi 6E with 2.4 and 5GHz enabled.
In a support document, Apple recommends using a single network name (SSID) for the 2.4, 5, and 6 GHz bands of your Wi-Fi router. If not, your iPad Pro M2 will identify the network with “limited compatibility.”
- If you select OK, your device will connect to the 5GHz network, hindering you from accessing the benefits of Wi-Fi 6E. Your device will then find the 5GHz network and ask if you want to connect to it for better compatibility.
- Select Not Now to continue using the Wi-Fi 6E network. Then, you’ll be reminded to update the router to a single network name.
- If you’re the network administrator, you should be able to change its name on the webpage or app of the router. Just edit each band’s name to have the same name for all three bands.
Turn off Wi-Fi 6E on your iPad Pro M2
- Go to Settings → Wi-Fi.
- Select the name of the network your device is connected to.
- Tap Wi-Fi 6E Mode → Off.
We hope our article on how to turn on Wi-Fi 6E on your iPad Pro M2 will help you and resolve all your problems. This upgrade for the M2 iPad Pro models means both the 11-inch and 12.9-inch versions get faster download speeds and lower latency. If you want to know how to use Wi-Fi 6E on iPad Pro then follow the steps mentioned above.
I hope you understand this article, How to Use Wi-Fi 6E on M2 iPad Pro.