Hi everyone, in this article we will show you how to cleanly install Windows 11 using an ISO file. For Windows 11 (version 21H2), a clean installation refers to the process of wiping the hard drive and applying a fresh copy of the operating system without any custom settings, drivers, applications or files. Usually, this is the recommended procedure for upgrading to the latest version of Windows 11 on compatible hardware to avoid installation problems and fix existing issues.
Do you want to know how to perform a clean installation of Windows 11? The obvious solution is to sign up for the Windows Insider program and download the latest version that Microsoft makes available through Windows Update; however, this method only allows you to upgrade to Windows 11 from your current Windows 10 installation. Although the upgrade preserves all your files, settings, and programs, it also means that any junk, broken registry entries, and performance issues will carry over to your new configuration.
Performing a clean install, on the other hand, gives you a completely fresh start with Windows 11 and ensures that it runs as smoothly as possible. You can install the new operating system on a spare PC or on a partition on your current hard drive, so you don’t overwrite important files or lose access to Windows 10.
There has been a lot of controversy over the Windows 11 requirements, and Microsoft considers many processors to be incompatible with the new operating system. The good news is that prerelease versions of Windows 11 can be installed despite the restrictions and will at least work for the time being.
How to do a clean install of Windows 11
The only official way to test Windows 11 is to enroll in the Windows Insider program and upgrade from Windows 10. Microsoft has released ISO files of the new operating system, but you will need to be an Insider to test this method.
Fortunately, if you want to do a clean install of Windows 11 without becoming an Insider, it is possible to download ISOs of the latest builds from a third-party website called UU Dump. This is a safe and reliable source, and you don’t even need to register on the site.
Here’s how to do a clean install of Windows 11 by downloading the correct ISO file for your PC.
- First, head over to UU Dump, where you can download the latest versions of various versions of Windows for free. Click on the Dev Channel link at the top of the page.
- Select the latest version of Windows 11 at the top of the release list.
- Choose the “x64” build, instead of “arm64,” unless you have an ARM-enabled laptop, such as the Microsoft Surface Pro X.
- Click Next on the next page and select the edition of Windows 11 that you want to perform a clean installation. We chose Windows Home, because that is the version that we are running on our laptop. Click Next again to confirm.
- Select the “Download and Convert to ISO” download option. This will facilitate the clean installation of the downloaded build of Windows 11. Also check the “Include updates” box.
- Click the “Create a Download Package” button to download a ZIP file containing the Windows 11 installation files.
We hope you enjoy our article on how to cleanly install Windows 11 using an ISO file. A clean installation of Windows 11 involves wiping the hard drive and applying a fresh copy of the operating system to configure a new laptop or desktop computer. You can also use this method to fix problems with an existing setup.