Hi all today in this article we will show you how to customize app icons on iPhone. An important part of these artistic screens? Redesigned app icons. None of the themes would be complete without matching apps, and the default Twitter logo just doesn’t fit everyone who wants it to. If you too are just starting to design your own home screen, here’s how to customize each of your apps to match your new look. So without further delay, let’s get started.
Last year Apple launched with iOS 14 the possibility of organizing the different elements of the iPhone according to the user’s experience and interests. This happens, for example, because the widgets on the home screen can be moved and resized. Within these iPhone customization possibilities, you can also redesign the application icons to give them a unique and unrepeatable look.
If you want to personalize your phone, here we explain how you can modify the design of your icons. Before you begin, you must ensure that you have the correct operating system update. The ideal is to have iOS 14 or later updates, although with iOS 13 you can also change the design of the icons, although without as many possibilities as in the most recent versions.
How you can customize app icons on iPhone
- Launch the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the + icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Add Action.
- Use the text field to search for Open App.
- Select Open App.
- Tap Choose.
- Use the search for the app you want to change the icon of, and select it.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Tap Add to Home Screen.
- Tap the placeholder app icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select Take Photo, Choose Photo, or Choose File, depending on where your replacement app icon image is located.
- Select your replacement image.
- In the text field, rename the app as you want it to appear on the home screen.
- Tap Add.
- Tap Done. Your Shortcut has now been created.
- Return to the home screen.
If you already had the app on your home screen, you now have two icons. If you want to keep only the newly created icon, just move the old icon to the App Library. You must not delete the original app. If you like our article, feel free to share it.