This tutorial is about the How you can Disable Auto-Brightness in Windows 10. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How you can Disable Auto-Brightness in Windows 10. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Check How you can Disable Auto-Brightness in Windows 10
Windows laptops and tablets often come with an auto-brightness feature that causes the screen to dim or brighten, depending on the surrounding lighting conditions. While this feature is useful, it can also be problematic, leaving you with a screen that is too dark and difficult to see.
If you find this feature frustrating and want to disable it, this article is for you. In this guide, we discuss how to disable adaptive brightness in Windows 7, 8, and 10 in a few easy steps.
How to disable automatic brightness in Windows 10
A Windows laptop or tablet uses sensors to detect ambient lighting levels. The automatic brightness function works in conjunction with these sensors to monitor changes in surrounding lighting and adjust the screen brightness accordingly.
The easiest way to disable this feature on a Windows 10 computer is through the computer’s settings. This is how you do it:
- Navigate to the “Start” button and click on it.
- Type “Control Panel” and when this option appears, click on it.
- Find the option “Hardware and Sound” and select it.
- In the menu that opens, click on “Power Options”.
- In the “Power Options” window, find “Change plan settings” on the right side of the screen. Click on it.
- In the menu that opens, select “Change advanced power settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window that opens until you see “Show.” Click the “More” icon on the left to open the drop-down menu.
- Under “Enable Adaptive Brightness”, click “Settings” and set it to “Off”.
The auto-brightness feature is now disabled and you can return to the home screen.
Not all Windows 10 laptops offer the option to disable automatic brightness. In these cases, you can create a new power plan to keep the screen brightness constant. Here’s how to do this:
- Click the “Start” button and navigate to the “Control Panel.”
- Navigate to “Hardware and Sound” and click on it.
- Select “Power Options”.
- In the window that opens, choose “Create a power plan” in the left pane.
- Select from the three available options: “Balanced (recommended)”, “Power saving” and High performance. “
- Name your new plan and click “Next”.
Set up this plan to best suit your needs, and when you’re done, click “Create” and close the windows.
How to disable automatic brightness in the Windows 10 registry
If you find that disabling automatic brightness through “Settings” doesn’t work, you can always try disabling it manually through Registry Editor. Working with the registry can be complicated, and modifying it incorrectly can lead to serious problems. We suggest that you back up the registry before continuing.
This method will permanently disable the automatic brightness feature on your Windows 10 device. Here are the steps to follow:
Find the “Windows” key on your keyboard and press it along with the “R” key. Doing so opens the “Run command” line.
Type “Regedit” and press “Enter.”
Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Intel Display igfxcui profiles media Brighten Movie”.
In the right pane, find “ProcAmpBrightness” and right-click on it. From the pop-up menu, choose “Modify.”
An “Edit String” box will open. In “Data Value”, type “0” and then click “OK”.
Then find “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Intel Display igfxcui profiles media Darken Movie” and find “ProcAmpBrightness”. Right click and select “Modify.”
In the box that opens, enter “0” under “Data Value” and then press “OK.”
Exit the Registry and then restart your Windows computer.
How to disable automatic brightness in Windows 7
Only Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise support Adaptive Brightness. If you have a device with one of these editions of Windows and you want to disable automatic brightness, this is the method to follow:
- Click the “Start” button and navigate to “Control Panel.”
- In your “Control Panel”, find “Hardware and Sound” and select it.
- In the window, choose “Power Options”.
- Next to the currently active plan on your computer, on the right side, find “Change plan settings” and select it.
- Choose “Advanced Power Settings”.
- In the list that appears, find “Display” and expand this option.
- Scroll to find the “Enable Adaptive Brightness” option and expand this as well.
- Next to “On battery” and “Plugged in”, make sure the setting is “Off”. Close the windows.
How to disable automatic brightness in Windows 8
Disabling automatic brightness on a Windows 8 device is relatively straightforward. This is how you do it:
- Press “Start” and look for “Control Panel”, then click on it to open the window.
- Once in “Control Panel”, choose “Hardware and Sound”.
- In the menu that opens, select “Power Options”.
- Under the currently active power plan, on the right of the screen, you will see the option “Change plan settings”. Click on it.
- In the “Edit plan settings” window that opens, select “Change advanced plan settings”.
- Scroll down to find “Display” and expand it.
- Expand “Enable Adaptive Brightness”.
- Two options will appear, “Plugged in” and “On battery”. Make sure both are set to “Off”. Automatic brightness is now disabled.
Can you adjust the automatic brightness with the Windows 10 camera?
Although it is in the pipeline, Windows 10 has yet to release a feature to enable or disable adaptive brightness on a webcam or camera. However, you have the option to adjust the brightness and contrast of your webcam. Here’s how you can adjust these settings:
On your keyboard, find the “Windows” button and the “I” key. Press these down together. The “Settings” window will then open.
From this window, navigate to “Devices” and click on it.
In the left pane, find the “Camera” option and click on it.
In the “Camera Settings” window, you will see a list of all installed cameras. Select the camera you want to adjust.
On the next screen, scroll down until you reach the sliders that allow you to adjust both “Brightness” and “Contrast.” Move the slider on both options until you are satisfied with the chosen brightness and contrast, and close the window.
Please share this article if you like it!
Final words: How you can Disable Auto-Brightness in Windows 10
I hope you understand this article How you can Disable Auto-Brightness in Windows 10, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.