This guide is about the Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons.
It’s really easy to increase the size of the icons that appear on the Mac OS X desktop or in any Finder with the adjustable slider. This allows you to choose an image size as small as 16 × 16 pixels and as large as 512 x 512 pixels, which is really big, and of course you can choose any size between them as well.
We’ll cover both resizing desktop items and resizing files and folders in the Finder window in Mac OS X.
Here is how to increase the size of Mac icons on the desktop or in the Finder file system window:
Resize desktop icons in Mac OS X.
- Click the Mac OS X desktop
- Press Command + J or drag the View menu down and select “Show View Settings”
- Use the slider in “Icon Size” to adjust to the desired icon size, the displayed sizes are in pixels, and the change is displayed as the icon size expands or decreases as you move the sliders.
Icon sizes are scaled up and down on the fly so you can see exactly what they look like.
Resize items in the Finder in Windows on Mac OS X.
If you want adjust the size of the icons in the Finder folder instead of just items on the desktop, all you have to do is use the Show Settings window from an open and active Finder window:
- Open a Finder window in OS X and select Image View if it’s not already active
- Now drag down the View menu and select View Show Settings
- Adjust the icon slider to your liking, you can zoom in or out on the icons – select “Use by default” if you want this image size to apply to all other Finder windows
The maximum size of the icons is 512 × 512 pixels, which is quite large and looks like this:
It’s pretty big, but if it’s not big enough for your needs, you can make the icons huge using Terminal, up to 1024 × 1024 pixels, as long as the icons have a retina size.
This is great to do if you’re setting up a Mac for a child, visually impaired, or even someone whose computer skills aren’t particularly advanced. Large icons are hard to miss and make it easier to navigate things.
Bonus Tip: For those with multi-touch trackpads, you can also use the backward pinch movement by clicking on the desktop and the icon sizes will increase. It works the same way on a MacBook as it does with the Magic Trackpad on a desktop Mac. Try it, it’s pretty cool.
Benefits: Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons
- The Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons guide is free.
FAQ: Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons
Guide about Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons
In this guide, I told you about the Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons.
How this Guide helping you?
In this guide, I discuss about the Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons, which is very helpful.
What are the supported devices for this guide?
Apple Devices only.
What are the supported Operating system?
mac OS or iOS
Final note: Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons
If you have any queries regards the Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide Increase the Size of Mac OS X Desktop Icons, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.