Even though Apple Podcasts has a large number of podcasts, not everyone can use it. Podcasts is not available on Android, like most Apple apps, which is different from a lot of other podcast apps. The good news is that you don’t have to miss out on all the fun. We will show you a few different ways How to Listen Apple Podcasts on Android device.
How to Listen to Podcasts on Android using Google Podcast
- Install Google Podcasts from the Google Play store if you want to try out the official Google Podcasts app for android.
- You can look around on the Explore page, but to find a specific podcast, tap the search bar at the top of the page and type in the name of the podcast you want to find. Tap the podcast you want to listen to in the search results.
- The next page has an entry for the show itself at the top, followed by a list of individual episodes and other results. Tap the entry at the top of the page for the podcast.
- To listen to a specific episode, scroll through the list of episodes and tap the Play button next to the one you want to hear.
How to listen to podcasts on Android from a website
- On your Android device, open a browser and go to the page where the podcast is. You might need to search for it. For example, a search for “NPR podcast” can lead you to npr.com/podcasts. Look around for the show or episode you want to hear.
- Click “Play” or “Listen” to start streaming the song to your phone.
Why Are Podcasts So Popular?
They’re simple to get to
You don’t have to do much to listen to a podcast if you have a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Most phones and tablets come with a podcast app already installed. If they don’t, it only takes a few swipes to get one. If you have a computer, you can type “podcast” into Google, and the first few results will show you how to get podcasts.
They make you closer
When I say that podcasts bring people closer together, I don’t mean that they bring you closer to a loved one, though that could be the case if you and your partner listen to podcasts together like you would watch TV. Instead, I want to talk about getting close to the hosts.
Offer a Community Right Away
Podcasters made communities to connect with their listeners and get more people to listen. But this does more than just increase the number of downloads and get sponsors interested. It also brings in listeners who want to be part of a group.
Best Podcast Apps on Android
Because of its unique features, PodBean is one of the most used podcast apps. Not only does it have the same options as its competitors, but it also has two features that make it stand out. The first is intelligent playback speed, which can be changed automatically based on what you’re listening to so you don’t have to do it yourself for each episode.
This is very helpful if you listen to podcasts with hosts who speak at different speeds. The second is the ability to listen to live podcasts and interact with them in real time instead of after they have been recorded and edited. In addition to these features, PodBean lets you look through recommendations, buy premium content, and even record your own podcast.
Google Podcasts is a good choice if you’re too busy to think about which app to use. It makes it easy to subscribe to podcasts and listen to them without having to subscribe first. It also gives you smart suggestions based on what you follow and what you might like.
It’s not the best app for looking through different options, since it can’t group episodes by season and its search isn’t very good, which is funny for a Google app. It doesn’t always give the same results, and you can’t search for episodes within a podcast series.