When you know How to Turn Live Photos to Videos on iPhone, it’s much easier to share your moving photos. You’ll also be able to see them the way they were meant to be seen without having to hold down on the screen. When Live Photos is turned on, when you press the shutter button on your iPhone, the camera takes more than one picture. When all of this is put together, it makes a moving picture. In the end, it just takes a short video.
Then you can see what the person in the photo was doing at the time you took it, like laughing or making funny faces. It’s easy to play them back—just tap and hold a live photo to see it come to life. When you share a Live Image with another Apple user, they can also see the photos in real time on their iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices. Live Photos are a fun way to remember things and share them with other people. They are one of the little things that make iPhones some of the best phones out there.
What Are Live Photos on iPhone?
Live Photos are 1.5-second videos that capture the time right before and after you press the shutter button. These short videos, which look like GIFs, show how your photo-worthy moment moved, sounded, and felt. Apple then picks the frame from that video that it thinks is the best and calls it the “Key Photo.”
If you don’t like the Key Photo, you can easily choose a new one from the many other frames in your Live Photo. Live Photos were first seen on the iPhone 6S, which came out in 2015. Most iPhone users should be able to use this feature right now by clicking the “LIVE” button in the camera app. We’ll talk more about that further down.
How to Turn Live Photos to Videos on iPhone
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad and choose the Live Photo you want to turn into a video.
- If you swipe up on the photo, the Effects panel will appear.
- Tap the Loop button to make your Live Photo into a video that plays over and over again.
- Tap the Long Exposure button to turn the Live Photo into a Long Exposure.
- Tap the Share button in the bottom left corner once you’ve chosen the effect you want.
- Choose Save Video from the list of options on the share sheet.
- Your Camera Roll will have a video of the Live Photo.
Why Convert Live Photos to Videos?
Taking a Live Photo is just like taking a normal still photo, but it gives you so much more to work with. Live Photos let you choose the best moment of a blurry, crooked, or unflattering photo. They catch the laughs behind the camera, the music in the background, and small details like the way the wind blows or how the sun peeks through the clouds.
Live Photos save you time and space because you don’t have to take multiple photos right after each other. They also help you get the best shot. It’s a safe bet to take a Live Photo, whether you want to share photo, capture a moment at a concert or recital, or share your awe at a beautiful view. The problem is that you can’t automatically share these as videos on social media or with people who don’t use Apple products. Instead, they only see the Key Photo and not the movement and energy around it.
Tips for Better Live Photo to Video Conversions
- Use a tripod: A tripod will help you keep your camera still, which will make your video look better.
- Make sure your subject is in focus: When you take a Live Photo, make sure your subject is in focus. This will make sure your video is clear.
- Use natural light: The best light for taking photos and videos is always natural light. If you’re shooting inside, try to find a place that has a lot of light.
- Don’t use flash: Flash can make your pictures and videos look strange. If you must use flash, try to do so as little as possible.
- Try out different settings: When you turn a Live Photo into a video, you can use a few different settings. Try out different settings to see what you like best.
You can’t turn a Live Photo with effects into a video, so you’ll have to change the photo back to a regular Live Photo. You can do this by clicking the Live button (which may also say Loop, Bounce, or Long Exposure) in the top left corner of the photo and setting it back to Live from the drop-down menu that appears.
If you add an effect like Loop or Bounce to a live photo, you can’t save it as a video. So, if your live photo doesn’t have Save to video, this could be why. So, open the live photo and look at the upper left corner of it. The word should be Live.
Live Studio can make short videos, GIFs, and images out of your Live Photos. Once you’ve saved your Live Photos as videos or pictures, it’s easy to export your work and share it with friends. Live Studio is also quick and easy to use because it is not a very heavy app.