Fix: LoadLibrary Failed Error 87 The Parameter is Incorrect- When individuals encounter difficulties while working on Windows, they often face obstacles. If a program or application fails to load a dynamic-link library (DLL) file, an error message may appear on Windows, stating “LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is wrong.”
There are several potential reasons for this occurrence, such as the DLL file being corrupted or missing, incorrect setup of the program or application, or the inability of the system to locate the DLL file. Additionally, the error message may be triggered by outdated graphics drivers or damaged files.
This comprehensive guide comprises a set of 7 steps designed to assist you in resolving the “LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect” problem in Windows. It’s important to bear in mind that manual troubleshooting can be a time-consuming process.
Fix: LoadLibrary Failed Error 87 The Parameter is Incorrect
Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Drivers
- Press Win + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand the Display Adapter section.
- Right-click on your graphics device and select Uninstall device.
- Select Attempt to remove the driver for this device option and click Uninstall.
- Once done, restart your PC.
Repair Windows Image with DISM
- Press the Win key and type cmd.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter to scan your system for health issues:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- Next, type the following command and press Enter to repair your system image:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- This process may take several minutes. Restart your PC after the process is complete, and check for any improvements.
Reinstall the App
- ress Win + I to open Settings.
- Open the apps tab in the left pane.
- Click on Installed apps.
- Search for the app and click the three-dots menu beside the app name.
- Click Uninstall and then click Uninstall again to confirm the action.
What is the error code 87?
This error indicates that your machine has had some problem, and it requires your immediate attention. Specialized software that fixes system parts and fine-tunes system settings to restore system stability can sometimes cure problems of this nature.
The erroneous shutdown of the system, for example, as a result of a power outage, the unintended deletion of a necessary system file or system element, and a variety of other events might also be potential causes.
This issue occurs due to the machine’s graphics card configuration. The graphics card driver is out-of-date or there are conflicting graphics cards in the machine. The first troubleshooting that you can try is to update the graphic card using the Windows Update.
Commonly, corrupt or missing Net Use Error 87 files cause these Microsoft Corporation errors, and are sometimes attributed to a current or past malware infection affecting Windows. File replacement is typically the best and easiest way to resolve errors related to Microsoft Corporation files.Apr 8, 2022
Often the DISM error 87 is a case of an incorrectly formatted command. Make sure to verify the command for incorrect spacing to execute it without the error. Also, run the DISM command in an elevated Command Prompt to fix any permission issues.