This guide is about the How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this guide How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad.
Want to create folders to organize your iPhone and iPad home screen? Most of us have multiple apps installed on iOS and iPadOS devices, and most often the home screen is quickly a mess. To clean everything up, you need to use the app folder features provided by iPhone and iPad.
For nearly a decade, iOS has been able to create folders for apps that appear on the Home screen. This allows users to keep all their applications organized by sorting them into different categories. As a result, clutter is minimized on the home screen, and users don’t have to waste time browsing app pages to open the app they want. You can arrange the folders as you like and name them as you like.
Let’s discuss how you can create app folders on both iPhone and iPad. If you’re already familiar with removing apps quickly from devices, you may already know what to expect.
Creating application folders on iPhone and iPad
Creating folders can be done directly on the iPhone or iPad home screen in seconds with a few gestures. While this feature has been available for years, the procedure can always vary so little in iOS 13 and later, due to the fact that Apple has redesigned the way users navigate to the edit menu. Let’s look at the necessary steps.
- Press and hold any application icon on the home screen until a pop-up menu appears. If you have an older version of iOS on your device, you won’t get a pop-up menu. Instead, you need to keep the icon pressed until apps start to mock.
- Now tap Edit Home screen in the pop-up menu. This will take you to the edit menu indicated by jiggling icons.
- You need at least two applications to create a folder. So, select the applications you want to use. Now drag one of the two apps you want to add to the folder and hover over the other app. This brings up the folder menu, as shown in the screenshot below. Drop the app into any empty space.
- By default, iOS names a folder based on the genre of apps added to it. However, tap the folder name to change it to your liking.
- Tap anything outside the folder to return to the Home screen to see the newly created application folder.
That’s almost all you need to do. Now you can create app folders on both iPhone and iPad.
Moving and keeping applications organized is the key to minimizing interference on the device’s home screen. This built-in feature allows you to sort your frequently used applications or use a separate folder for all your social networking applications.
The App Store has a wealth of apps, and several users install hundreds of apps and games on their iPhones and iPads. Users can store up to 135 apps in a single folder, so there’s plenty of room to keep everything sorted in case you really want to fill a folder full of tons of stuff. You can even put folders inside folders.
If you want to delete any of these folders at any time, you will need to follow a similar procedure and drag each application separately. As you can say, this is not far from convenient, but perhaps there is an easier way that Apple will introduce at some point along the line.
Having trouble finding apps on your iPhone or iPad? You may be interested in trying Spotlight Search, which lets you search for apps installed on your entire device, and even apps from the App Store. This eliminates the need to scroll through multiple pages on the home screen to open the application you want.
By the way, if this wasn’t obvious, we’re talking about creating folders on the iPhone and iPad home screens to store apps. This is completely different from creating folders in the Files app on iOS and iPadOS that contain files. Both are called folders, but they have a different purpose in iOS and iPadOS, while on a Mac, folders can hold apps and files.
Can you find all the apps on your iPhone and iPad using folders? What do you think of this handy feature that keeps your home screen in order? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.
Benefits: How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad
- The How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad guide is free.
FAQ: How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad
In this guide, I told you about the How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad.
In this guide, I discuss about the How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad, which is very helpful.
Apple Devices only.
mac OS or iOS
Final note: How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad
If you have any queries regards the How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Education: This guide or tutorial is just for educational purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about the guide “How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add an alternate method: If anyone wants to add more methods to the guide How to Make App Folders on iPhone & iPad, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.